PDA

View Full Version : Hello - Everyone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Ms.Daphne
Mon, Mar-22-04, 12:01
[FONT=Arial]
Hello,
This is my first time on this web site, however not my first time on Atkins. I started on June 9, 2003 two months after the birth of my son weighing 218 I dropped down to 192 and been there ever since. I'm restarting today at 188 I really hope I can stick with it this time. Just wanted to say Hi to everyone.
I know one of my problems is having a few drinks on the weekend. Does anyone else have this problem? Thanks for your time.
Daphne

CalpnPat
Mon, Mar-22-04, 12:16
Hi Daphne, Yes social times can be a problem, especially on the weekends. I do enjoy the lowcarb beer they have out, but have found I do not loose any weight for that week, I don't gain either, so you really have to decide. Also following CALP, I can have those beer carbs at my RM. Not sure how they would fit into ATKINS. Congrats on the weight you have lost so far and also that little one!!!!!

lovin'life
Mon, Mar-22-04, 12:28
If you plan to be in ketosis I've read that you will become drunk much more quickly then if you weren't. I've only been in ketosis one week and haven't drank so I don't know what it will be like.

Good luck! :dazzle:

hislady
Mon, Mar-22-04, 12:35
Hello Ms Daphne!!

I don't drink so I can't answer your question but I wanted to stop in and say hello and welcome to the forum!!

I think this forum is great for suport and questions. Feel free to stop by my journal by pressing the journal button on the bottom of my post.

Good luck on your lc journey!!

Monika4
Mon, Mar-22-04, 18:21
Hi Daphne, yes, I know the problem. On South Beach wine is supposedly allowed - and I do like it and I do think it is in part responsible for my stall of a month. When I finally decided to push it again I went back to phase I which is like Atkins induction, stopped the wine, and I think it helped to get me down again. And yes, when trying that induction level, I am pretty sure I was in ketosis because I had exactly the same problem: getting dizzy on half a glass - its because your brain has to get the sugar from fat when you are in ketosis, and making sugar from fat is blocked by alcohol. It can be dangerous if you have to drive home. Somewhere else in this forum it is also discussed that your body will burn the alcohol first before attacking the fat - thus the stall.

So, I do like to have a drink, but I watch the scale, and know that I might just stall for a while, and that if I get frustrated and want to loose again, I have to be strictly no drink for a week or 2. Frustrating, but on the other hand for me it means "only" stall as long as I keep the other rules.