PDA

View Full Version : Help with Cooking

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Geoff
Thu, Aug-23-01, 06:01
Can anybody help me with some basic menu planning?

I am a poor cook and need to develop about 6 simple tasty meals that I can become proficiant at, I work long hours and have to cook for my 2 children 7 & 8 yrs each day when I get home so the meals have to be suitable for them as well.

Would a Whey Protien drink, and large salad with some flaxseed oil be a good meal to eat on a regular basis?

Currently I have 4 scrambled eggs for breakfast and 150 grams cold meat with a large salad foir lunch. Dinner is my problem area.

I also would like some simple snacks for morning and afternoon tea. I am travelling most of the time so these snacks need to be transportable in my chilled lunch bag in my car

Can anyone help?

Waiting in antisipation

Geoff (the Aussie)

fiona
Thu, Aug-23-01, 13:39
"Low-Carb Recipies " Link in the red bar at the top of the page gives you a whole variety of low-carb recipies.

Also on this forum if you click on the Low Carb Kitchen there are suggestions for easy diners, main meals, snacks etc. A whole wealth of information.

As you know your own and your children's tastes you need to make the final decision.

Take care.