PDA

View Full Version : New Here!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

AllieO
Tue, Mar-16-04, 11:48
Hello! I just started atkins yesterday and have just found this forum! What an awesome place this is!

I have been on a weight loss kick for the past year and have lost 70 pounds so far. After my second child was born I was at an all time high of 250 lbs. I am now at 179 lbs and can't wait to get the remaining 35 lbs off.

So far induction is okay but I think I am going to struggle a bit with what to have for breakfast aside from eggs. Any suggestions would be most appreciated!!

Cheers,
AllieO

4beans4me
Tue, Mar-16-04, 11:55
Hello and welcome to the forum Allie! Best of luck to you!!!!!! :yay:

rapp653
Tue, Mar-16-04, 12:18
I'm sorry I can't help you with the breakfast dilema! I don't do atkins so am not quite sure what you can and can't eat. I do however know that I just read in another posting that the carbolite breakfast bars from Walmart are very good and LC. I had seen them before but never tried them. I will now though because I was a big fruit and grain bar nut for breakfast before going LC. Maybe they're worth a try?

Welcome to the forum I'm sure you'll find lots of info and support here! Start a journal and it will be easier for people to communicate back and forth with you! Feel free to pop over to mine and ask for support or help! I'd be glad to help you out if I can!

Good Luck!

bcbeauty
Tue, Mar-16-04, 12:41
Hi and welcome. On induction lc bars are not allowed. (unfortunately) :lol:
However if you get tired of eggs every morning....there is no law that says you can't have lunch foods for breaky. I have talked to many who eat fish and cheese and salads etc...yep, all for breakfast. It's a good change. I sometimes have my eggs only as snacks during the day. Or...not!

PS!!! Congratulations on the fantastic weight loss so far.Thats awesome:)

PKV
Tue, Mar-16-04, 13:24
Welcome and best of luck to you :sunny:

eric909
Tue, Mar-16-04, 16:25
Hi and welcome to the forum http://users.adelphia.net/~ecountz/welcome.gif

omega3
Tue, Mar-16-04, 18:29
AllieO, I have tried the Atkins breakfast cereals and they are not too bad. They are expensive campared to regular cereal. I also us KETO powdered milk, which is lower in sugra that regular milk. Also, have you tried juicing vegetables for breakfast ? Stay away from the carrots and beets and you will be OK. Best of luck.

DebRN
Tue, Mar-16-04, 18:38
AllieO,
Welcome to the forum. I'm like yourself, I just found this website today. Best of luck on your low carb journey.
Debbie

AllieO
Wed, Mar-17-04, 18:37
Thank you for the warm welcome and the breakfast ideas! I ate a lunch for breakfast today instead of eggs and I will definitely get out there and find some low carb cereals etc., Thanks for the help!

Cheers,
Allie

idontno
Thu, Mar-18-04, 04:28
allieo wellcome, looks like you have allready done very good in your loss... atkins is the only real diet i ever tried
i kinda look at eating different now, im hardly ever hungry anymore and i eat about five times a day, not crazy about the eggs either but they are great for meals anytime. i try to eat something way before i get hungry
so i never just pig out. i have stayed in induction for most of my loss and feel great...... i will never look at sugar and carbs the same. thanks to dr atkins
i think you will be were ya want tobe sooner than you think. good luck to ya!

Anne768
Thu, Mar-18-04, 05:02
Welcome!!

As for breakfast, for me, 6 strips of bacon does me good....

There is a thread begining March 22nd...It's a re-induction to induction...for some of us ... who have slipped a little and want to get back in the swing of things...Look for the re-induction thread...It seems to be really motivating for some of us who need to do a little better.