PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Ms Sarah
Tue, Mar-16-04, 09:46
:) Hello Everyone!
I'm a new kid on the block.

I've been on Atkins since Feb 6,2004 and have lost 13.5 lbs....(was 14 now 13.5) go figure. I am confident the scale will move 2lbs...by this friday...so I can at least say I lost "15lbs" lol :yay: (Was 173 Now: 159.5). This is the bioggest I have ever been.

I play soccer, jog (try to anyways)...there is a loop around our house which goes exactly 2kms....) so I try to to that as often as I can - whenever its not snowing or icey out there.

My clothes are really loose....OMG :yay: - my black dress slacks are REALLY baggy in the butt (I just love that feeling)....but you know...whenever I lose weight my butt goes flat! Hopefully the running will "up it" a bit...lol If not - oh well - but it would be nice to be "curvy"! hehe I am even able to button some blouses again....lol - all the ones I bought on sale , got them home & they wouldn't button...grrrr - But now they do! Whoo Hoo!

I keep my Atkins books on the coffee tabel and forever picking them up and re-reading something or other. By far - this is the best "so called diet" I've ever been on. :)

Chat at you all later!

rapp653
Tue, Mar-16-04, 09:57
We call it a WOL (Way of Life) OR WOE (Way of Eating) not a diet. Diets make you mean and irritable and leave you hungry all the time. This doesn't! (As soon as your body adjusts to your new lifestyle)

:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

I feel better than I have in a long time and I think if you ask around others will tell you the same thing!

This is the best advice I can give you....

:read2:

1. Start a journal here so that you can keep in touch with others easier

2. Measure yourself!!!! That way when the scale doesn't move you will still see inches slipping away and not be discouraged!

3. If you feel the need for some support just log on to this site. It's great for motivation and support!!!!!

Good Luck and welcome to the site! If you start a journal and want to stop over at mine I'll be sure to write back in yours. I love making new friends on this site with similar goals!

:wave:

sunshine2
Tue, Mar-16-04, 09:57
Welcome to this forum, you will find lots of support here. Congrats on losing 13.5 pounds so far, that is amazing!

4beans4me
Tue, Mar-16-04, 10:50
Hello and welcome! Best of luck to you! :yay:

inzonetera
Tue, Mar-16-04, 11:05
Welcome! I too reread my insulin resistance diet book all the time, just "makin sure"!
THIS IS A FABULOS SITE!!! People are here for you night and day!

Tera

inzonetera
Tue, Mar-16-04, 11:11
Hi... again! Just thought I'd invite you to check out my thread for petites over 200lbs. No need to be exactly any of that, I myself should be under 200 lbs. by Friday!
Yippie!!!:yay: You'll find it by going to my profile and clicking on the threads I have started. Hope to talk soon! Tera

ttc#2
Tue, Mar-16-04, 13:25
Hey Sarah,

You should start a journal so that we can all visit you and check your progress.

How exciting that your pants are loose. I'm finally starting to lose some in my thighs and butt. Unfortunately most of my loss has been up top and my boobs are really sagging, but I've also lost that annoying fat that squeezes out from under the bra in the back.

Anyway, I guess some weight training will lift my boobs, and a little time on the stairmaster should round out your butt again!

twilight62
Tue, Mar-16-04, 15:27
Welcome and congrats on the weightloss!!!!!! This is a great site to be on. Lots of friendly and supportive people. Best of luck to you!

eric909
Tue, Mar-16-04, 16:23
Hi and welcome to the forum http://users.adelphia.net/~ecountz/welcome.gif

Ms Sarah
Thu, Mar-18-04, 09:08
Thank you everyone for the kind welcome!

I WILL start a Journal over the weekend...I'll get get it done. The scale went down 1/2 lb this morning....so I had a "smile" on :yay: ....but I'm expecting it to go down 2lbs by Friday.....if not I'll have to get more exercise and make it go down (wink wink).

Have a great day all!

gurlee0101
Thu, Mar-18-04, 10:11
hi everyone! i'm new to the boards and also to the low carb life. i'm just now starting - i like the journal suggestion. does it really help?