PDA

View Full Version : New Here...Just Saying Hi!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

DebRN
Tue, Mar-16-04, 09:19
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=4]

Hello Everyone! :wave:

Just wanted to introduce myself, as I just discovered this board. My name is Debbie and I started low carb dieting January 12, 2004. I have been on the Atkins Plan for nine weeks and have lost 25 lbs. I'm thrilled with it, and how it has elimanted my carb cravings. Also, I'm doing fairly well and feel better about myself these days.

Since, I have still have a long way to go to reach my goal, I thought a support system would definately be a lot better than continuing going it alone. Really I'm just trying to find a place where I won't be judged, yet supported and confronted when need be. Also, a place where I can ask questions and get feedback.

I just came across this website this morning, while looking for more information about low carb dieting. Looks like a nice place you have here!! I think this is a great idea to support each other! It is very helpful to read all the posts about people who have found success on low carb diets. So, I thought I'd come here for a few tips, hints, a little support and encouragement, and to just share how things are going for me and to see how things go for you all. :)

Thanks for listening and am looking forward to more pleasant reading, good advice, and just plain chat.

:wave: Debbie

rapp653
Tue, Mar-16-04, 10:05
Just wanted to welcome you to the site! Y :yay: :yay: ou're sure to find lots of information and tons of support here! Start a journal and then others can communicate back and forth with you easier!

Also....measure yourself if you haven't already!!!! This saved me form abandoning the LC lifestyle. My scale was broken and I didn't know it - my tape measure was my best friend through it all. As long as those measurements decreased I knew I was still on the right track.

I wish you Good Luck and feel free to pop over to my journal if you need some support. I really enjoy making friends here!

inzonetera
Tue, Mar-16-04, 10:30
Hello Debbie!

I'm so glad you found us! This IS a great site we have here. The people are so supportive and friendly, and sometimes we even have a heated debate over something in the media! LOL!:lol:

Your stats are very similar to mine and a few of my "pen pals". Please feel free to go to my profile at the bottom of this note and go to threads inzonetera started. You will find a link for petite ladies over 200 lbs. (Don't worry if your not so "petite", taller gals are welcome too, we don't care). You sound very sweet and we'd love to have you check in!

Tera

4beans4me
Tue, Mar-16-04, 10:49
Hello and welcome Debbie! Best of luck! :yay:

bcbeauty
Tue, Mar-16-04, 12:48
Hi Debbie, Welcome and good luck to you. :wave:

PKV
Tue, Mar-16-04, 13:22
Hello Debbie

Welcome and best of luck to you :sunny:

eric909
Tue, Mar-16-04, 16:25
Hi and welcome to the forum http://users.adelphia.net/~ecountz/welcome.gif

CindyG
Tue, Mar-16-04, 17:36
:Party: WELCOME :Party:

This is such a wonderful site! You'll be able to get great support here!

I would also recommend starting a journal. It's really helpful and lets others check in on you and see how your doing. It's a great way to track your low carb journey!