PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

pamelak1
Mon, Mar-15-04, 12:09
Hi, I just found this site and would like to introduce myself. My name is Pam and I have been doing Atkins since March 28, 2003. My goal is to lose 60 pounds and have lost 43 so far. These last pounds have been very hard to lose. Any suggestions would help.

allibaba
Mon, Mar-15-04, 13:02
Hi Pamela,
Welcome to the forum and CONGRATULATIONS on your great weightloss! I'm not as near my goal as you are, but I have heard the last several pounds are the hardest! Keep up the good work :)
Alli

eric909
Mon, Mar-15-04, 13:35
Hi and welcome to the forum http://users.adelphia.net/~ecountz/welcome.gif Your doing great !!

4beans4me
Mon, Mar-15-04, 14:38
Hello and welcome! Best of luck to you! :yay:

sunshine2
Mon, Mar-15-04, 15:03
Hi Pam, Welcome.

And Wow, you have lost a lot of weight. You should be very proud of yourself.

Have you thought about starting a journal here in this forum? I know everyone would like to read on how you did it, what challenges you faced and conquerred, etc.

Again, Welcome to the forum.

pamelak1
Thu, Mar-18-04, 11:16
Thank you for the welcome. I would love to do a journal if someone could point me in the right direction.

Pam

bcbeauty
Thu, Mar-18-04, 11:26
H i pam ..I am Pam! :lol: I just wanted to wish you a warm welcome. And to start are a journal you just have to go to the Journals/Bootcamp forum and start a new thread. There is a sticky in this forum to help you get
started. Scroll up to the top of "Introduce yourelf forum"
and the second posting is on starting a journal.

girliegrly
Thu, Mar-18-04, 12:32
congratulations on your weight loss. i have to lose about the same amount of weight--but i just started. you should be very proud of yourself...i think, like in every diet, you reach a plateau, and although yours has been a long time, maybe you can incorporate a little more exercise, causing you to possibly eat a little more and as a result burning more.

i don't know...i used to be this hard core exercise and health freak until i got sick and gained all this weight. but the more you eat, the more you burn...that's why breakfast is so important, i think that's the major mistake that people on "regular" diets make...but anyway, i'm wavering...i read on the atkins website that there are some supplements that help you when you are at a point where you're not losing anymore...it kind of speeds up the process. i don't know. i haven't tried them or anything...maybe you know of them?

but regardless, good luck and welcome to the forum!

Kimmy :p