PDA

View Full Version : How long until you reached goal?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Tiff
Mon, Mar-15-04, 05:53
I have been doing this WOL (Atkins) for almost a year now and can't see myself eating any other way. I am a little frustrated with the slowing down of my weight loss however. I am curious, how long did it take for everyone to reach their goal? I still have 6 pounds to go, and I am 2 weeks shy of my 1year Atkins anniversary. I didn't have a large amount to lose, and figured I would have surely reached goal by now. Oh well, I know what I need to do though...exercise. How about everyone else?

downscale
Tue, Mar-16-04, 23:37
It took me about four and a half months to lose the 25 pounds to reach my goal. I did not follow the Atkins recommended stages, however-- I stayed rather strict the whole time. Once I discovered for myself that I could actually control my weight, I was pretty relentless until it was gone. I think a lot depends on how much you want it -- do you want it enough to do whatever is necessary to get it, including making fundamental changes in the way you eat and passing up immediate satisfactions for long term rewards. And yes, I did exercise -- jogging and some weights.

Kathy54
Wed, Mar-17-04, 00:33
WEll for me it was 8 months 40 pounds, then I dropped another 5 with in 3 weeks later without even trying and have maintained it ever since :yay: :yay:

I still follow the maintainance type of plan and it is a breeze :) :thup:

Kathy

Anleigh
Wed, Mar-17-04, 09:47
It took me about 6 months to reach my first goal of 120 lbs. (a loss of 40 lbs.) (from Jan - July) and then I dropped the additional 25 lbs. trying to get through Premaintenance and on to Maintenance in about 3 months. By the end of October I was at 95 lbs. and knew it was time to put on the brakes. Honestly, the last 25 came off so easy because I had taken the pressure off of myself of reaching my first goal. My weight has fluctuated between 92 and 95 lbs. ever since. I love this WOE and Maintenance. I just hate the planning.

sjkling
Wed, Mar-17-04, 11:27
interesting post. i have been on atkins for almost 11 months. i probably lost 45 of the pounds within the first 5 or 6 months. i have been a little less strict, and it shows. so, as of last monday, i decided to quit messing around and went back to induction. put away the nuts and s/f bars until i get a few pounds gone! i feel pretty good about maintaining since i went so long without a loss, but i need to get these last five gone! i will guess it will be almost one entire year before i reach my goal.

Kathy54
Mon, Mar-22-04, 12:16
Good for you Sjkling!!!
Those darn SF things can be a problem, too much of a good thing.
Good Luck Kathy

sjkling
Mon, Mar-22-04, 12:43
aw, thanks! i appreciate it! i went back to induction and gave up all s/f candies and treats, all nuts and all fruit. -6lbs! i feel comfortable that i can maintain, i just wasn't sure if i could ever get lower!

Kristine
Mon, Mar-22-04, 13:07
Probably about 6 months altogether to lose 25 lbs. The first few were from low fat dieting. :rolleyes: It was definitely faster once I started LC, because insulin resistance was a big issue for me.

Kathy54
Tue, Mar-23-04, 10:55
Skjling, Wow !! Good for you!!
That just shows that we have the power to contorl our weight now :)
I manage to stay in check by gaging how Iam doing with what I have eaten over the week, if I'm not happy I adjust right away. My goal was 140, I went to 135 and now stay about 135-137. The rare time I have bounced up to 139/140, but only for a day or two. I just cut out my dinner starch I have 3-4 nights a week and that is all it takes. I'm getting to know what my weekly limit is with, things like sweet potatoe, brown rice, regular potatoe.

Cheers Kathy

Galadriell
Fri, Mar-26-04, 11:50
I had 35 lbs to lose, lost it in 7 months. My monthly losses were: 8, 7, 5, 5, 4, 3, 3 lbs.

On the other hand to lose all my excess INCHES took longer, around 11-12 months. (My waistline was the same druing my weight loss, started to shrink only after I reached my goal weight.)
Maintaining since last September with a slight more weight loss.

Kathy54
Fri, Mar-26-04, 22:48
Gala that is pretty darn impressive !!!

Kathy

hornbrau
Mon, Mar-29-04, 14:52
Well looks like its going to be about 13 weeks to lose 30 lbs for me, now to keep it there!

KristyC
Thu, Apr-15-04, 09:20
I lost 116.5 in less than 9 months...still losing, too! ;) I started Atkins on July 1st of 2003 (273 pounds) and reached goal on March 30 of this year (160 pounds).

Galadriell
Thu, Apr-15-04, 19:56
WOW!!! Kristy, this is very impressive:-))) I have just checked your pics.

How about posting a success story to inspire others?

Itty
Fri, Apr-16-04, 07:40
Hi

I took me from May to December to lose the weight I wanted to, but I have regained five pounds and they're hard to shed. I forget that induction disallows nuts, which has become my downfall!

Or maybe it was the egg I had for breakfast...

Easter Creme egg...

Dammit!!

M

cheez whiz
Sun, Apr-18-04, 06:48
I didn't start working out until about Nov. Now it is coming off faster. I hate to say it buy you must work out for that last few lbs. Also, I am taking L-Carnitine added to my other vitamins. And for some reason it helped these last 5 lbs. I was at a slow really a stall and this vitamin helped. It contains about 250 mg of L-Carnitine.

rachelratz
Mon, Apr-19-04, 20:27
it took me six months to drop the weight. My low point was 109 .bs. (I started at 148 lbs) I took me anther 4 months to get back up to my comfortable weight of 114lbs. I have been the weight over 4 years now. I did not look so good at 109 lbs Becasue my face was thinner, I loked older and well, hard and gaunt

I have question by the way. Although I am so much smaller, my breasts have remained the same size. I'm not complainng. My husband took my measurements when I fell to 109 and I was 36 22 36. I just wondering why that is. A friend of mine told me that breast size remains the same, no matter if you get small or large. Is that true?.

cheez whiz
Fri, Apr-23-04, 16:52
It took me 18 months to loose 65 lbs. Still working on 5 more. But the excercise this last 4 months really helped.