PDA

View Full Version : Question On Water Weight Loss - Phase 1

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

suziq7575
Fri, Mar-12-04, 11:00
Sorry if this sounds like a weird question, but I was wondering how a lot of the weight loss on Phase 1 can be water weight loss when we are drinking a LOT of water to replenish what leaves our bodies. I, for one, have always drank a TON of water even before starting the SBD. I am sure there is a resonable explanation.

Monika4
Mon, Mar-15-04, 21:18
I think it is that you first deplete your carbohydrate stores in the liver and the muscle before your body will dig into your fat. Carbohydrate are the short term calorie stores and bind water - think of making gravy with flour and water - it soaks it up. When they are used up as fuel, the water is no longer bound and you loose it. While some of the weight is of course lost because of the carbs having been burned, the water is a lot more weight and isn't really calories burned.