PDA

View Full Version : Pcos ???

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

jun keater
Fri, Mar-12-04, 05:37
I have been irregular all my life - I am 42. I have been to several doctors seeking an answer. None have ever done any blood work. My daughter found information on PCOS and I have just about ALL the symptoms. Grandmothers on both sides had diabetes, one had heart disease. My mother was diabetic, and died from heart disease. She also had most of the symptoms - the one she didn't have and I don't have are infertility. She had 6 children & I have 3 - with no problems getting pregnant. I have an appointment the 17th - they won't do blood work until I start my period (who knows when that will be) 2 -4 days after. I can't believe I am actually praying that this is what it is. I want answers.....

deeray7
Fri, Mar-19-04, 00:55
hi jun, sad to say most doctors or the ones i went to anyway never diagnosed me with pcos. I am 22, and have never been regular. I researched myself and found a doctor that would actually listen to me instead of always switching my bc. They did a ultrasound and found that i def. had pcos. My doctor at first prescribed metformin to help with glucose levels. Some women with pcos dont have trouble conceiving, however some do. if you need more info, i found
http://www.soulcysters.com to be an example help with all my questions.
Research and medications for pcos is fairly new, but at least it is finally being recognized. Best wishes.....deeray :wiggle: