PDA

View Full Version : New Member

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Amie4Prez
Mon, Mar-08-04, 10:59
Hi everybody-

My name is Amie. I am 20 years old and a nursing student. I started atkins this week, this is day six. I have been trying to lose weight for about a year now and have been counting calories and using a meal plan that consisted of
60%carb/20%protein/20%fat. I lost the first half of the weight(i started out with 60lbs to lose and I now need to lose about 25 or 30) but, with the high carbs I was having alot of highs and lows, I was constantly hungry counting calories and I just felt kind of yucky. There are older people in my family with obesity, diabetes and heart disease and I decided I needed to change something more signifigant. I did a fair amount of research before starting atkins and so far it is going well. I discovered this forum the other day and couldn't get enough. There is so much good info in all the posts. Not to mention the encouragement and motivation you all provide to one another. I am very excited about becoming a member.

:yay: Nice to 'meet' everyone....can't wait to get to know all of you

Amie4Prez
Mon, Mar-08-04, 11:02
How do i put my picture on the left next to my post? insteadof making it an attachment on the bottom of the post.

Amie

4beans4me
Mon, Mar-08-04, 11:17
Hiya Amie and welcome to the forums! Best of luck to you! :yay:

You can change your pic by clicking on profile above, and then on avatar. Scroll to *use custom avatar* and there is a spot to insert/upload the file from your computer.

eric909
Mon, Mar-08-04, 13:28
Hi and welcome to the forum http://users.adelphia.net/~ecountz/welcome.gif

Stormee
Mon, Mar-08-04, 19:19
Hi all,

I am new to the forum and have been doing adkins since July 2003 mainly for heath reasons. I suffer from low blood sugar and a good supply of protien helps with this enormously. I have also found that adkins is very easy to stick to even though I am not trying to loose weight, only to get healthier. Personally, I am a real carb addict and could easily live on carb filled junk for days on end. Luckily the program takes away all of my carb cravings.

Stormee

cls923
Mon, Mar-08-04, 23:27
Hi there, and welcome!! I'm a nurse too, and you being a student sure makes me think back to "the days" when I was where you are now!
You''l find excellent support in this forum!! Don't know what I'd do without it!!

clm130
Tue, Mar-09-04, 08:54
Hi Amie-
I am also a nursing student (I am 22 though) and have the same goals as you. I am around 165- haven't weighed myself in a rreealllyyy long time- and my goal weight is 130-135lbs. Maybe you have the same problem I do- all of my friends are beautiful, skinny and can eat and drink whatever they want and they don't even have to exercise!!! I know that everyones metabolism and all that is different- but why did I get screwed!!! So, I really don't have a good support group because no one around me knows what I am going through. I am doing the Zone Diet by Dr. Sears and it seems like I can stick to it if I focus. It was so good to see someone around my age with around the same weight to lose and the same hectic schedule!!

Chic
Tue, Mar-09-04, 09:09
Hi Everyone!
I have only just discovered this site. It's great! I am in London, UK. I have been doing Atkins for 7 weeks. I have lost 14lbs. My weight loss has slowed down considerably but I only have 6lbs to go. My TOM is late and I have broken out in spots. I was relieved to read that others had similar experiences and I will just let my body detox and do what it needs to do. The worst side effect really has been constipation. I have slight Candida and am taking Yeast Busters. I am taking Flaxseed (we call it Linseed) as well as Pysillium husks and drinking so much water, I fear I will drown! I'm just trying to find what works and it's improving. There's a great LC cook book by Gassenheimer, it's great. LC meals in minutes.

Amie4Prez
Tue, Mar-09-04, 09:37
:) It is encouraging to hear from someone with goals and a lifestyle very similar to mine.
I also have skinny little friends that eat whatever they want and look at me like I have a third eye when I say I am going to exercise!!:yay: I just figure when their unhealthy lifestyles catch up with them they won't be prepared and by then I should have all this down packed, right? Well, I hope so.