PDA

View Full Version : Just getting started

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

mebenana
Sun, Mar-07-04, 18:14
:angel: Hi my name is Denise, and I am just starting on my low Carb way of eating. I haven't bought any books yet that let you know what you can and can't eat, so all I know is to watch my carbs. Someone told me that I can not have any bread or pasta, so I have not been having any. I need to get the book so I know how many carbs I can have a day, and what kind of stuff I can eat. I was going to wait to start my new way of eating until I bought Dr. Atkins book, but I really want to start feeling healthy.I am 48, I weigh 295 pounds and I am 5' 7". Besides not feeling healthy, I feel like I am busting out of my skin. I have tried many diets in my life, but I could not stay on any of them because I felt hungry all of the time. The reason that I chose Dr. Atkins diet is because I have talked to people who are on it and they said they were never hungry, and they had all lost weight. Another reason that I want to lose weight is because I am a photographer and I want to be able to take pictures in places that I can not get to now because I have a hard time walking to them.
Have a great day
Denise

katwoman
Sun, Mar-07-04, 18:54
Hi Denise, I would really recommend buying the book, it's not expensive.

Meanwhile, go to www.atkins.com. There's lots of information there, including a description of each stage of the Atkins WOE (way of eating) and a list of foods you can eat while on induction (stage 1).

Best of luck!

4beans4me
Sun, Mar-07-04, 18:54
Hello and welcome to the forum Denise! Best of luck to you! :yay:

Keisha
Sun, Mar-07-04, 20:37
Hi Denise, welcome, and good luck. Best advice I can give, is buy the book ! For me it has become my bible..I've read it twice, and refer to it constantly.... then Make sure you log on here lots, its got SOOOOO much information, from real live people who have already been or are going through what we are doing. Once you have all the right info. and start eating the right foods you'll be set. :agree:

Marge
Sun, Mar-07-04, 22:39
Welcome aboard Denise. I lost my first 15 lbs by just cutting back on the carbs but found it was too easy to slip back into the bad habits that got me the way I am. I watched a friend start Atkins and lose weight without being hungry.

I bought the book and then covered it with a book cover 'cause I din't want anyone to know that I was considering it. I read the book, was convinced and the lbs are rolling off.

The best things, my skin feels loose, my head feels clear, my habits are going away (not saying I don't snack, I'm just making wiser choices as suggested in the book)

Come and join the rest of us in this WOL. You'll be glad you did.

Rachelle
Sun, Mar-07-04, 23:55
Welcome to the site hun... this is a great place and wealth of information in this forum...

Hope you get the book soon.. it's a very easy read.. and not expensive at all.. :)

Good Luck.. i look forward to reading about all your successes :)