PDA

View Full Version : need some support!!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

vicki w
Sun, Mar-07-04, 04:42
Hiya
Just browsing the internet for some tips on how to make this particular diet work and came accross this site.
I am 29, married, no children and desperate to lose some weight!!
The problem I have is that all my family and friends do not have any issues with thier weight and so do not really support me. I therefore find it hard to motivate myself. I thought that by getting in touch with people who are also dieting, this might help me succeed at the one thing that would make me so happy!!!
I would really appreciate any tips on how to eat right and stay motivated!

Thanks
Vic

idontno
Sun, Mar-07-04, 06:18
what worked for me was just thinking in just 6 months i could totaly change my life forever. now im thinking it aint going to take 6 months (cool). now i know the truth is this aint that hard, i feel better and look better.
+ I HATE FAT ! and we aint got to keep it. burn it up.
most important do it for you, and enjoy the rest of your life a different person. you can do it go girl!

vicki w
Sun, Mar-07-04, 06:22
Thanks - its nice to know that people are going through the same thing as me and have the motivation to suceed.

Just getting a reply from someone who has told me to go get it has made me that bit more determined to suceed!

I also hate Fat - I know I can do it and am really determined to give it the best I can

Thanks!!!!
Vic x

danakins
Sun, Mar-07-04, 08:56
Vicki, This is a great place for support. The attaboys/girls go a long way. :yay: Think about your family and the lack of support in this way...you don't need their permission to do many things (everyday things like getting up, putting your clothes on, taking a shower, taking medicine if you need to) and this is one more thing. This is somthing you just have to know that you need to do for yourself. If you are fortunate to have people IRL (in real life) that show you support in demonstrative ways, that is icing on the cake. If not, no biggie! If someone dissuaded you from taking a shower, you'd probably tell them to bug off...and that is what you have to do to the naysyers of the world too. Keep coming back to the board for the encouragement and invaluable advice from those who have been there and done that!

Good luck and welcome,
Danakins

4beans4me
Sun, Mar-07-04, 09:44
Hello and welcome to the forum Vicki! Best of luck to you! :)

vicki w
Sun, Mar-07-04, 13:01
Thank you both for the emails that you sent.

It is so nice to have some support for a change and for people to actually give some encouragement!!! I had a look at the profiles for you both and neither of you look like you should be on diets!!!

Thanks again and look forward to speaking to you all again soon
Vicki
xxx

Rachelle
Sun, Mar-07-04, 13:34
Hey Vicki...

Welcome to the board.. this is the best place for support you will find on the internet.. in my honest opinion...

I think the thing you need to do is make this a life change... if you go into Atkin's as a quick fix... it will be very hard for you... if you decide to change the way you eat... for life.. it will be much easier to deal w/ the up's/ down's ... stalls... and other things that go w/ it...

I've been doing Atkin's since July.. and i've never felt better about myself...

I hope you find the motivation that you need here on this forum...

:)

vicki w
Sun, Mar-07-04, 13:39
Thanks Rachelle
I have just been on your profile and had a look at your journal - wow - you really are going for it girl!!! It sounds like you know what you want and are determined to get it!
I had a look at the meals that you had for the first few days and they sound grand. ALthough I have to say , I am not the greatest lover of salads!! In fact I hate them. I like food to be warm I am afraid and this sometimes is a problem. Glad you posted a message as it is nice to hear other people views.

Thanx
Vic xx

Rachelle
Sun, Mar-07-04, 15:07
Thanks for checking out my journal... i do believe in this WOE... :)
I think you could steam all your veggies if you don't like them cold?

Steamed Asparagus.. broccolli w/ cheese..
Faux-tatoes... Mashed cauliflower w/ sour cream.. butter and cheddar cheese and bacon.. yummy!!!

You just need to experiment.. there is a great section here for recipes.. :)

4beans4me
Sun, Mar-07-04, 15:24
I had a look at the profiles for you both and neither of you look like you should be on diets!!!
Thanks to Atkins, I've met my goal and have been maintaining since early last December. :yay: No *diet* for me, just a low carb way of life. :Party: