PDA

View Full Version : So nauseated...

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Joy
Mon, Aug-20-01, 18:03
I've been following Atkins for about 2 1/2 weeks and up to yesterday was feeling terrific, but now feel weak and nauseated. I haven't been able to keep up with the 85g protein I've been aiming for since cutting out the Advantage bars 3 days ago, figuring they're the reason I haven't really been losing weight, and now that I'm feeling pukish, don't think I'm hitting 1500 calories.

Is this what ketosis feels like? I've read that it really blunts the appetite.

Natrushka
Mon, Aug-20-01, 20:55
Maybe you could post a few days of what you've been eating, Joy. It would help us to comment if we could see what you're eating. But if you're not hitting 1500 you're probably not going to be losing much, remember its 10 to 12 times your body weight in order to lose. And don't forget your supplements and vitamines.

Nat

Joy
Mon, Aug-20-01, 22:38
My food has been pretty much Atkins standard, I think. Breakfasts with meat and eggs (oh, so many eggs), and a slice or two of tomato. Lunch used to be a couple of Advantage bars; the last three days I've had leftovers from the evening before - Atkins recipes: Stuffed Halibut for two days and Paprika Chicken the day before that. For snacks I've had club soda with cream and DaVinci sugar-free syrups, also a couple of slices of Muenster cheese with mayo, and ham&cream cheese roll-ups. Yummy yummy foods - why am I feeling so crummy?! Taking m/v supplements with meals as well, and today started on potassium, too.

I am feeling rather put out with regard to the '2.6g carb' Atkins Advantage bar scam, having eaten two bars a day on average for the last couple of weeks. (Found an excellent site where they are less than $20 per 15 bars - www.vitaglo.com). I'm re-doing induction at <20g a day, but feel like writing Dr Atkins a stern letter!!:rolleyes:

Apologies for going on a bit...

r.mines
Mon, Aug-20-01, 23:22
You might be feeling blah from carb withdrawal (from the Atkins bars). A lot of people go through feeling yucky for the first couple of weeks. It clears up on its own. A cal-mag supplement and a potassium supplement are supposed to help. Or maybe you're just coming down with a touch of flu? Keep an eye on it, and let us know how you're doing.

Rachel

Natrushka
Tue, Aug-21-01, 06:40
I agree with Rachel, Joy. Sounds like the yucky feeling most of us get the first few days of LCing. The Cal / Mag supplement should help with that, specially the fatigue.

Hang in there,
Nat