PDA

View Full Version : Re-Feeding Question

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

suziq7575
Fri, Mar-05-04, 12:10
Has anyone else had any luck with the re-feeding concept as discussed in Omega3's "plateau" thread? I am on a plateau now with only five pounds to go to my target. I only had 10 pounds to lose to begin with and lost half of it last week (my first week of Phase 1). Sunday is the last day of Phase 1 and I will either stay on another week or try something drastic. I am afraid to go on Atkins because of the high fat and am reluctant to try the oil of oregano if it makes you restless and unable to sleep. So I am wondering about the refeeding to get my metabolism a boost.

Kimmerz321
Fri, Mar-05-04, 17:53
Y'know, I've been reading your posts for the past couple of days, and I don't think you are at all on a plateau. Especially if you've only been on SBD for less than two weeks and lost 5 pounds in the first week. In the last news letter, it is stated that if you only have a little bit of weight to lose, that you probably won't lose the 8-13 pounds in the first two weeks suggested in the book. I'd imagine that's especially true for your weight, since it's pretty low to begin with. A 2.5 pound average over two weeks is excellent, and I dont think you have anything to worry about. Just follow the plan as directed and you will eventually reach your goal.

Good luck!

Olive77
Mon, Mar-08-04, 00:31
What she said :) Take your time!