PDA

View Full Version : first post ever

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

musicgirli
Fri, Mar-05-04, 06:20
hey all

i'm elles, just introducing myself quickly.....

i just started low carbing this week and so far it's been pretty bareable. i'm trying to lose some weight before i attend a wedding and i have 7 weeks to lose 15 lbs or so. hope this isn't too unrealistic.
i lost 5 lbs already this week which really surprised me and maybe it's just all water or something. anyways i look forward to posting and picking up a few tips here and there from you all.

also what are some veggies i should avoid as a low carber? thanks!

best regards,
elles

pecan
Fri, Mar-05-04, 09:27
hi elles! :wave:

i'm new here as well, but i've been a low-carber for two years! you can definitely lose 15 lbs in 7 weeks, no problem! just do not give in to the temptation to have carbs...the key is to stick to the diet, and allow yourself more carbs as you progress on your diet.

veggies are great, make sure you're eating them or else you'll discover the joys of a fiber-free diet (sarcasm!) celery, alfalfa sprouts, and romaine lettuce are all excellent sources of fiber and virtually carb free.

DO NOT eat the starchy vegetables. potatoes, corn, etc. tomatoes and carrots are okay in moderation.

here's my general rule: most green veggies are fine, purple, red, and orange colors are okay in moderation, watch out for the whites and yellows (with the exception of cauliflower, which is a wonderful low-carb veggie).

hope this helps and good luck!

rapp653
Fri, Mar-05-04, 10:19
:read2: I wanted to add a note to pecans cauliflower suggestion.

I tried a lot of recipes for mock potatoes out of cauliflower and they were all okay but not really good to me. One night I was in a hurry and had mashed the rest of the families potatoes already and just threw some butter and salt and pepper into my cauliflower and ran th mixer through it. It was actually better this way to me!

I don't know for sure if you eat sauerkraut on the plan you follow but porkchops sauerkraut green beans and mashed cauliflower has been my most favorite meal so far!

Just wanted to encourage you to try them out. My kids and hubby will even eat them too now for a change every now and then!

:) 15 pounds in 7 weeks is definately possible! I've shed 30 in 9 and most of it was in the first few weeks! Good Luck!