PDA

View Full Version : First timer!!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Many#2go
Thu, Mar-04-04, 09:42
Hello all you LC'rs. This is the first time I have joined a message board. I started the Atkins program Jan. 2003 and lost 45 lbs. by April. When I returned from my trip South (my motivation) and of course with Summer close at hand and cottage time coming up I let the diet fade to the background. I did try to keep off what I had lost but of course about 15 lbs. creeped back on thru the summer. By October I finally got remotivated and by Christmas I had finally lost most of what I had put on in the summer. Of course with another holiday looming, even the best intentions go to the wayside. So once again my other other personality took over for the holidays and when she was finished with me I had gained about 20 lbs. again. Funny how that happens. Anyway once again I struggled with getting remotivated and since the 5 Feb 04 I have found that skinny person inside of me that is crying to get out for once and for all. So now nothing can stop me.

I am at this moment 5 lbs. lighter than I was when I went South which was 218 lbs. So I am aiming to be down to 200 lbs. within the next month or two. I only weigh in once a week and have started doing something I have never done religiously before and that is keeping a food diary. I do notice a big difference since I have started that. I found with the Atkins program the second time around I have done a lot more reading and researching i.e. ketosis, etc. I did find in one of his many books that one is suppose to drink 8 glasses of water a day and then another 8 oz. for each 25 lbs. you are overweight. Very interesting. So now I find myself drinking 11-13 glasses of water a day. I expect my skin to look like that of a 30 year old with all this water. Mind you that might be a stretch seeing I am 54 years young. Any little bit will help.

Anyway I wont keep you all. I know there are many more interesting stories to read so hope to hear from you anytime. Good luck LC'ing and hope to talk to you soon.

Many #2 go.

Kristine
Thu, Mar-04-04, 09:50
Hi from Ontario! Are you all dug out from that snowstorm? :daze:

Welcome aboard and good luck! :wave:

Meggen
Thu, Mar-04-04, 10:14
Welcome!! :)

You might want to start a journal on this site to help keep your food diary in also to get LOADS of wonderful support form all the GREAT members we have here on the boards!! :yay:

As for skin looking like a 30 year olds.... well not sure about that (i'm only 26) But I sure as heck found a new hobby by drinking all this water :lol:

You've done great so far and I'm sure you will have much continued success! Keep up the good work :cheer:

4beans4me
Thu, Mar-04-04, 10:50
Hello and welcome to the forums!! Best of luck to you! :yay:

Many#2go
Thu, Mar-04-04, 10:51
Hi Meggen and Kristine. :dazzle:

Thank you so much for the heary welcome. I didn't expect to get any hits so quickly. Yes Kristine we have finally gotten cleared out from under all that snow. Did you see the photos. Wasn't that something. It is so beautiful here today I have the living room window open. One never knows what will happen with the weather in good old Nova Scotia.

Nice to hear from the UK Meggen. I had the pleasure of visiting your wonderful Country ( my ancestors homeland) a couple of years ago. My husband is in the Cdn. Military and posted there for 2 years with the Submarine program. It is such a beautiful country. Thank you for the suggestion in regards to the Journal I will have to give that a try.

Could you all answer me a ? about how to send someone a private message. I tried to do so to you Kristine but it says I am blocked. I am not much of a computer wiz so I dont know if someone has to put me in there address book or how that happens.

You two look like you have conquered this weight loss demon. Hope to join you someday. Good for you gals. I am anxious to hear any tips or suggestions so keep them coming.

Talk to you gals soon I hope. Thanks again for touching base.

Marilyn

ttc#2
Thu, Mar-04-04, 12:25
Hey!

I read you were suppossed to drink the number of oz. equal to 1/2 the number of pounds you weigh...

Once I started drinking the water it became addictive and I actually drink between 100-120 oz. everyday.

This may sound crazy but I love going to the potty.. I just imagine the pounds, and those wonderful ketones being flushed out of my body. (I also liked that I have to use the last hole on my belt when just 2 months ago I used the first.)

Good Luck this time around.

BTW I too weigh about what I did this time last year despite the fact that was 3 diets ago.

This is my first go at LC, and I love it.. I think it is going to stick as a WOL at my house.

snburch
Thu, Mar-04-04, 12:30
Welcome aboard! Good luck on your journey.

Many#2go
Thu, Mar-04-04, 17:01
Hi ttc#2 and snburch: :yay:

Thanks for dropping me a line and welcoming me onboard. It is great to hear from all you gals . I certainly feel like I am not alone in this challenge. You are right ttc#2 about drinking half your body weight in water and I think the good Dr. probably just went about the calculations a little different. You are doing great so far. I wish I was as close to my goal as your are ttc#2 but my day is coming. I am determined that this is my year to do this right. I retire 2006 so I would like to have this in hand before I take the plunge as a retiree. It has been an ongoing struggle for way to long. You know what they say it is better late than never. Snburch, Ollie is adorable. What a great companion. I have done quite a bit of research on the ketones this time around and it is a very interesting subject. I feel I have informed myself so much better this time and that is why I know I am going to make it. I know the losing is the easy part and the keeping it off is the hard part but I am up for the challenge.

Talk to you again sometime. Keep in touch and let me know how you all are doing.

Marilyn

MyaJorMom
Thu, Mar-04-04, 18:42
many#2go- Hi and welcome to the forum, you will have so much support here. By the way I love your "name"!! Good luck and I know that you CAN do this, I am in my 3rd week and I know it is a day to day battle. Just be strong and take it one day at a time and you will get there!!

Good Luck!