PDA

View Full Version : Bulimia&LCarbing

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

bellamagic
Thu, Mar-04-04, 08:02
I'd been bunge free since last October while moderately Lcarbing. I tried to go lofat again but since I have purge 2 times. I sat my boyfriend dow last nigh and informed him I'm Lcarbing again.

He knows about the Bulimia but he doesn't know I've slipped twice!!!!!!! I think my body is programmed to proteins and fats. I have beengainging weight since I tried to lfat again(it driving me nuts!)

I'm so happy I found this page

lilypad830
Thu, Mar-04-04, 09:08
Hi, I can totally understand what your saying about lfat and slips. I have been anorexic, bulimic and i guess for a while compulsive overeater during pregnancy. It's tuff for me to low fat too cause that just brings back feelings of restriction. LC diet seems to keep me from feeling as if i can't eat but i have struggled with the lowered appetite. GOOD LUCK!!!
Brandi

Kristine
Thu, Mar-04-04, 09:48
Hi! Welcome aboard. :thup: There are quite a few of us here recovering from eating disorders. LC is an excellent way to deal with EDs and addiction issues. It's not a cure-all, but it's nice to be free of the physical cravings and blood sugar swings so you can be in maximum good shape to work on your inner issues. :rheart:

Good luck! :sunny:

redawn
Fri, Mar-05-04, 14:51
as a fellow bulemic. . .I totally support your findings. . .the WOL in no way triggers my need to feed and therefore my guilt bulemic tendencies. I was bulemic for 10 yrs age 15- 25 although I have had an occational visit to bulemialand over the years I am now 42. I have been low carbing for over a year and in that time not once did I think or feel like I needed to purge. . .keep your eyes on the prize (my dh did not know I was bulemic still at 25 when I was married either) redawn

cls923
Sat, Mar-06-04, 19:26
Hi and welcome to the forum...

alenamac
Wed, Mar-17-04, 13:15
I don't purge, I but I know how bingeing can make you feel like sh*t for a better word! keep in touch, atkins is the way forward, definately. And you get all that lovely food etc. Look at the pages about eating more fat actually makes you loose MORE weight on atkins... CRAZY! but TRUE.

Keep smiling :)