PDA

View Full Version : starting out ...again

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

elmuyloco5
Wed, Mar-03-04, 15:58
HI,
I thought I would join the group to have some support....as we all know diets are not easy.

I have started a few days ago on a low carb diet (sorta atkins but revised a bit). I did Atkins one time already, but unlike the constipation that most people get, it had the opposite effect on me. I realized at that point I couldn't completely eliminate carbs from my diet. I lost 50 lbs, but with no change in diet, gain 30 lbs back in a month. I was working out 5 days a week and was very strictly following the Atkins plan. I even started losing clumps of hair. My doc sent me for an MRI, and I found out I have a brain tumor. My endocrinologist insists the tumor is currently non-functioning and was not the cause of my weight gain. She said that I have "pima syndrome" where my body's metabolism is so efficient that I will not lose weight if I'm not on a low carb diet (I don't think she even listened to the fact that I was on one, docs don't seem to believe fat people....it's like we're all pathological liars or something). But anyway, after moving almost half way across the world and getting settled in, I am back to working on it once again.

I have lost 3 lbs. so far, and I am optomistic, although I will admit it is a daily struggle. I have added healthy carbs in small amounts ( more like the atkin's plan AFTER induction). I avoid the bad veggies, fruit, and processed breads and all sugar. I have started making desserts with almond flour and splenda, etc. I tried the Atkin's bake mix and such.....that was awful. I like the almond flour much more and it's easy to use and make.

Well that's a brief description of my story....I'll spare you the rest :) So, hello to everyone and I wish everyone will LOSE in their battle with weight :)

4beans4me
Wed, Mar-03-04, 16:01
Congrats on your 3 pounds down so far! Keep up the great work and welcome to the forums! :)

rosey1
Thu, Mar-04-04, 12:02
welcome to the forum, and congrats on those first 3 pounds. more will follow!

snburch
Thu, Mar-04-04, 12:34
Welcome aboard! Good luck on your journey.

MyaJorMom
Thu, Mar-04-04, 18:50
Good Luck! 3 Pounds down! You can do it!

Janie3k
Thu, Mar-04-04, 23:38
Congrats on the 3 pounds gone forever. Keep up the great work!

tamij
Fri, Mar-05-04, 09:05
wow!!!
three lbs is really great_ i know it may not seem like it --but pick up a 2 lbs tub of butter and wear it as a necklace for a while it is alot!!!I hope your other health issue improves--that must have been scary-tumor of any kind would be scary --but this is a great place to post and ask questions-I always get quick answers and everyone is very supportive,Keep going --remember slow and steady wins the race.
tamij

jus2muchme
Fri, Mar-05-04, 09:20
Good Morning elmuyloco5,

We are glad you are here. I have just started back after a bad fall off the wagon last year. I can do this, you can do this, we all can do this!!

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR 3 POUND LOSS :Party: :Party: :Party:

elmuyloco5
Fri, Mar-05-04, 12:06
Thank you everyone for the sweet replies! I appreciate the support...it helps alot when those bad days come along.

I know three was good....and boy was I happy. But, now I haven't lost anymore...and even if it's irrational cause I lost the other three....you all know how it is. You still get upset when you stop seeing a change. It's silly, I know. I just want to wake up and see it all disappear....don't you?

Thanks again!!!!!