PDA

View Full Version : HI!! (another introduction, imagine that!)

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

newme2b
Tue, Mar-02-04, 18:01
I introduced myself the other day in the TDC club forum, but I should do it here too I think.

I think this site is fantastic and it has really helped me with ideas and motivation to get through the first two weeks. I'm feeling pretty good and pretty positive, but I haven't noticed the huge energy rush they talk about. In week 3 the appetite thing is finally kicking in and I'm finding I'm not so hungry anymore. I wasn't really before, but did have an afternoon drag period where I was feeling starved - in actuality I was probably just missing certain foods, like bread, rather than actually being hungry.

Anyhow, I am trying to lost about 109 pounds and am down 8 pound in the first two weeks. Today I actually seem to feel a bit of difference in the way my clothes fit and I think that is awesome.

The weather is starting to get nice so I definitely plan to have walking as a regular part of my schedule...but my main concern at the moment is getting some of the fat off so I just feel better and can move around easier....excercise will get easier as I get smaller, so I am going to ease into this.

It's thrilling for me to see so many people losing and maintaining. It's also helpful to see some of the pitfalls that can happen. It's always best to prepared, then if it happens to you you aren't so shocked.

Ideally I'd like to wake up tomorrow all skinny...but since that isn't going to happen I'll have to develop some patience as I slowly evolve into the newme!

It's nice to meet you all and I look forward to reading about your successes.

Keisha
Tue, Mar-02-04, 20:09
Hi newme2B, and welcome. Please, is you town really called Chilliwack ? That is such an unusual name, for an ignoramus from DOWN UNDER where is BC, is that in the states? Anyway, hope you get loads of info from this site, (it keeps me entertained for hours!). Good luck with becoming a loser, something we are all endeavouring to become. See you round the site.

newme2b
Wed, Mar-03-04, 00:52
BC is British Columbia (Beautiful British Columbia) in Canada.

Here's an excerpt about the meaning of the name Chilliwack:

The history of Chilliwack stretches back thousands of years, beginning with the First Nations community who lived in this beautiful area and gave it the name Chilliwack, meaning "quieter water at the head". As the last ice sheets retreated around 10,000 years ago, the Sto:lo people came to inhabit the Lower Fraser Valley around Chilliwack. The importance of the river for these people is reflected in the meaning of Sto:lo; People of the River.

This area is also known as "Rainbow Country". :daizy:

4beans4me
Wed, Mar-03-04, 09:03
Hello and welcome to the forum! Best of luck to you! :)

GeorgeGav
Wed, Mar-03-04, 16:38
Hi Everyone I am new to this site as well, I started Induction February 1 2004 and at the moment still on induction for the next 2 weeks or so. So far i have lost 20 pounds in the month of February and March being a new month I would hope another 20 pounds come off lol. I have stuck to induction to a tee and it works great and wonderful..... I am 6'2 and weigh in at 270. I have a quick question for you all, I enjoy my wine red or white which one is better for you carb wise. I read on DR Atkins white wine only has .5 carbs is that true so lets say 3 glasses is really only 1.5 carbs.

I do enjoy my wine and I would like to have a drink or two on a Saturday with my dinners.

But induction has worked and a few more weeks than owl.

snburch
Wed, Mar-03-04, 17:38
Welcome! Good luck on your journey.

MyaJorMom
Wed, Mar-03-04, 18:14
Welcome newme2b, this site is wonderful and you will find so much support here! Good Luck!

newme2b
Thu, Mar-04-04, 15:08
Thanks all. I think this site is great and I drop in whenever I get a chance! I've gotten lots of great ideas here already and I am sure I will get many more.

Happy losing to you all!