PDA

View Full Version : New Member & Long Time Dieter

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

GPS
Tue, Mar-02-04, 11:35
Hello,
I am a long time dieter on many programs. I have been up and down. I also have been on a low-carb diet before but I didn't stay long enough. I went back to my old ways. So this pass Friday 2/27/04 I said that's it. I want to get off my medication, get healthy and spend the rest of my life slimmer and healther. I have given up smoking for some years now and am a four year survivor of breast cancer. So why cain't I do this! You know I can and I will. ONE DAY AT A TIME WITH ONE MEAL AT A TIME. GPS

LuvMyHubby
Tue, Mar-02-04, 11:44
You've survived cancer! You've given up smoking! You're a strong woman and you can do this. Maybe you just need the extra support and encouragement that you can find here. I started a journal and, even if I'm the only one reading it, I feel like it keeps me accountable to someone.

Welcome and keep us updated on how you're doing.

GPS
Tue, Mar-02-04, 12:11
Hi,

Thank you for your kind words.Good luck to you.

GPS

shastagirl
Tue, Mar-02-04, 12:16
Welcome! You will find support and lots of information here!

Sounds like you've already won more battles then most people have to fight in a lifetime. This will just get you closer to winning the war.

Best wishes!

StarOrchid
Tue, Mar-02-04, 19:23
Wow, I find this a lot easier than quitting smoking (tried numerous times). If you can do that AND survive breast cancer, you can definitely do this!

GPS
Wed, Mar-03-04, 13:16
Thank you all for your kind words. I am doing one day at a time and one meal at a time. So far so good six days and looking forward to six more.
Thanks Again