PDA

View Full Version : I need advice!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

lb1134
Tue, Mar-02-04, 10:03
Well here is the deal. I started Atkins actually last summer. And I lost 5lbs. Then probably about 3-4months later I gain it back. So January I decided to do induction of the Atkins diet again. But I felt my body was use to low carb. So now I only eat 10-12 carbs a day. I have done this for a week today, due to the fact I believe I have gained more weight. I dont think it is working still. I dont have a scale (in college) but I can usually tell really well in my clothes. Could someone please help me out on what i am doing wrong??

:angel:

Iowagirl
Tue, Mar-02-04, 11:04
Hard to know what is going on without knowing what you are eating. Post some menus and we will see if there is something amiss.

Also, you haven't much weight to lose so your loss will be slower and less noticeable.

Eating 10-12 carbs is generally counterproductive. Your body will perceive you are starving and hold onto the weight like crazy.

If you haven't already done so, read the Atkins book.

Good luck to you.

lb1134
Tue, Mar-02-04, 15:41
Well lets me see. here are a few of the things that I eat.
Breakfast: 2eggs, 2 sausages
Lunch: hamburger meat w/ mustard only
Dinner: 2 sausage links, ham and cheese and maybe an egg, and a pickle.

I drink lots of water. other drinks are diet cokes and no carb flavored water.

thanks for helping me (I have read the book but mayber interperated it wrong)

All i want to lose is 10lbs!!!!!!!!!

idontno
Tue, Mar-02-04, 20:12
it ll work just keep it up :p you aint got far to go

Iowagirl
Wed, Mar-03-04, 07:16
I would definately increase your carbs to 20 and up the fat as well. It doesn't appear that you are eating enough.

Hang in there!