PDA

View Full Version : NBC Nightly News

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Bonnie
Mon, Aug-20-01, 06:58
This was posted to another LC Board alerting members of this news program to be aired tonight...thought it may of some interest to our members...

"Monday's edition of the NBC Nightly News.... "Is your lowfat diet making you fat? What the medical profession is not telling you."

Bonnie

Norma June
Mon, Aug-20-01, 08:25
Thanks for letting me know Bonnie. What time is that, the 6:00 pm news or 11? I usually watch the the news with Lloyd Robinson, can't remember which network that is.

I should tell my MIL to watch it as she has high cholesterol and thinks I shouldn't be eating all this fat & protein ... but who's on the cholesterol lowering drugs and who's not? Fifty guesses and the fist 49 don't count. ;)

Bonnie
Mon, Aug-20-01, 12:48
Originally posted by Norma June
Thanks for letting me know Bonnie. What time is that, the 6:00 pm news or 11? I usually watch the the news with Lloyd Robinson, can't remember which network that is.

I should tell my MIL to watch it as she has high cholesterol and thinks I shouldn't be eating all this fat & protein ... but who's on the cholesterol lowering drugs and who's not? Fifty guesses and the fist 49 don't count. ;)

Norma,

Since you asked the question as to what time the report was on and the person that posted this info on another board did not include that info I thought I would do a search of MSNBC .... especially the segment on Tom Brokaw and the Nightly News...guess what... I could not find any mention of this topic being covered at all tonight :confused: :confused:... I also queried the person who posted this info to see if she could provide the time slot and have not had a response as yet... this article could still very well be covered tonight but I just could not find any info pertaining to it.. here is the site for MSNBC:

http://www.msnbc.com/news/HEALTH_Front.asp?0dm=---&ta=y

Bonnie

tamarian
Mon, Aug-20-01, 13:01
I've seen it mentioned on NBC last night, so I'm quite sure it will be in NBC nightly news, usually at 6pm depending on your local affiliate station.

Wa'il

Bonnie
Mon, Aug-20-01, 13:02
Thanks Wa'il for confirming this.....

Bonnie

tamarian
Mon, Aug-20-01, 19:30
Hmm, there was a little segment about Public Citizens report on a cholestrol drug causing deaths, and the special segment was only about "portions" in American diet.

Probably that wasn't it.

Wa'il

Norma June
Mon, Aug-20-01, 20:17
Yeah I watched NBC and I only saw the cholesterol & proportin segments ... nothing about low fat diets and what doctors are not telling you. Shucks, I was looking forward to watching it.:p