PDA

View Full Version : Just saying Hi

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

canpal04
Mon, Mar-01-04, 13:13
Hi everyone. This is the first time I have done something like this ..... get on a message board that is. I read a few comments and so I decided to introduce myself. I have only recently tried low carb menus and it seems to be working for me. For years I have been telling my doctor that I seem to 'react negatively' whenever I would eat certain carbs. I physically did not feel well and I noticed that if I ate carbs first thing in the morning (ie: toast), then I had cravings for any food I could put into my mouth that lasted for the whole day. I noticed that when I ate a combination of cottage cheese, fruit, and nuts for breakfast, I would be satisfied and not be constantly looking for something else to eat. I got a new doctor recently, and she said I was probably correct in how I felt my body responding to carbs. I have only started low carb for the last month and incorporated more exercise into my lifestyle. I have never felt better ... lost 8 lbs. and I don't have constant cravings all day long ... especially for sugar. That one really surprises me as I was one on those people that could not eat a meal without cookies with my coffee, etc. I have not had a cookie since the 3rd day I stared low carb lifestyle ... I haven't even thought about them. I am looking forward to being part of the discussions and getting new ideas to help me keep up this new regime. Nanook

Paleoanth
Mon, Mar-01-04, 13:24
Welcome! I think you will find that low carb has a lot of benefits besides losing weight. I do feel better as well as look better.

Tinamarie6
Tue, Mar-02-04, 12:43
Welcome & good luck. keep reading this forum it will help! Tina

patigayle
Tue, Mar-02-04, 13:19
It is a wonderful way of eating !
Welcome!