PDA

View Full Version : diet soda

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

sammiam513
Mon, Mar-01-04, 05:41
Can I have diet coke on the SBD? I know it says to limit your intake of caffeine- containing beverages to 8 oz. per day, but what about caffeine free diet coke??

dancngqwn
Mon, Mar-01-04, 12:55
I'm pretty sure that is fine... I know others who still drink Diet and have had no problems..

Kimmerz321
Mon, Mar-01-04, 14:20
It should be ok in moderation. The sweetener in Diet cola stalls some people out.

Pat S.
Mon, Mar-01-04, 18:22
Hi yes we can have diet soda I just checked it out in the Online SBD web as long as it doesn't have caffiene. You can have 2 cups of a caffiene beverage a day according to Dr. Agatston, I imagine if you don't drink coffee or tea with caffiene it could be diet soda.
Pat S.

SandraSims
Mon, Mar-01-04, 19:06
As others have said, diet cokes are okay. Have you tried the new lime diet coke? It rocks!

Diet sprite is good too, and caffene free. I just wish they would come out with diet sprite remix!

NotAlone
Wed, Mar-03-04, 12:09
Amen Sandra! When are they gonna Diet-ize the Sprite Remix. Also have to agree on the new Diet Coke with Lime.

Ginn
Thu, Apr-15-04, 22:27
Diet Coke with Lime? I've never seen it. Is it real new?

SeeMyself
Thu, Apr-15-04, 22:39
Diet Coke with Lime.... that sounds refreshing! I'll have to try it.

sammiam513, I like diet sodas, I tried the Diet Rite w/splenda and to be honest, since there was no caffeine in it I was kind of wondering why I paid extra money to buy it. (the sodas w/splenda seem to cost more).

With this or any diet I think it is trial and error. If you would really like to have it, give it a try.... if it becomes a problem, then cut back. :)

Ginn
Thu, Apr-15-04, 22:49
It's weird how things are sometimes. Like I have never been able to stand the taste of regular Coke, always been a regular Dr Pepper person. Tried the Diet Dr Pepper and YUCK! Well thought what the heck, I'll try the Diet Coke, though I can't stand Coke, and I liked it! Weird. I'll have to look for that Diet Lime Coke though.

LadyBelle
Fri, Apr-16-04, 08:26
"You might see if you can find diet rite in yoru area. It is splenda sweetened, caffine free and sodium free. Because it doesn't use asperteme it doesn't have that "diet cola" taste. It tastes more like a generic regular cola. It also comes in other flavores such as raspberry and white grape.

Another great splenda sweetened soda is Diet Hansens, though it is harder to find. Their diet gingerale is amazing.