PDA

View Full Version : introducing myself

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

respu
Mon, Mar-01-04, 03:05
Hi everyone.

The weights I have in my profile are only guesstemates as I don't have any scales. I threw the last set of scales out in disgust because they only went up to 18 stone and I was off the scale. The last time I was weighed about 2 years ago I came in just under 20 stone. I lost a little weight when I cut out dairy products after I found I had a sensitivity to them. I put it all back on though through "little lapses" like pizza and chocolate biscuits and probaby more as well.

When it was confirmed that my wife was pregnant. My outlook on life changed - I remembered an advert in which a child drew a picture of daddy and he looked like a balloon - I don't want to be in that place. I saw Atkins as my last chance and within 2 weeks I was amazed by the weight loss.

I've been doing atkins for about 2 months now and have never felt this good for a long time! I can get into clothes that I have not been able to for years, some are still a little tight, but now I know it will only be weeks before I can wear them comfortably.

Our daughter is due to arrive in July and I want to live to see her grow up.

Paris
Mon, Mar-01-04, 08:03
Welcome to the forums and congratulations on all accounts! A lifestyle change and a new baby on the way! :D Good news all around.

orchidday
Mon, Mar-01-04, 08:37
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on expecting a new little person! You might want to check out Kyrasdad's journal. He is very inspirational and decided to lose weight when his new baby daughter arrived. I think it is wonderful that you are planning ahead to be a healthy strong Dad for your little one. Welcome aboard and I hope to see you post more.

Orchid