PDA

View Full Version : Cheddar Bay Bicuits

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

rosethorns
Fri, Feb-27-04, 09:38
Pye and somebody else asked for this. Here ya go.
1 c. Atkins bake mix
2 oz. butter
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. garlic powder
3/4 c. half and half (1/2 cream &1/2 water)
3 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
3 T. sour cream
mix dry ingredients. Cut in butter until crumbly,add enough water to make it mixable.add cheese and mix.
Spoon on greased cookie sheet.
375 degrees for 15 -20 mins.
1g. per biscuit

This is really good when you are missing Red lobster Chedder bicuits.

leshaimors
Fri, Feb-27-04, 11:27
can you sub anything for the atkins bake mix?

rosethorns
Fri, Feb-27-04, 15:54
Please give me a day. I know there is a faux Atkins bake mix and a bake mix with no soy. I will try to find it for you . Ess

Dr.Ray
Fri, Feb-27-04, 19:28
everything I make with soy tastes LOUSY

find that recipe!!!!!!

if I find one on the web, Ill post it

rosethorns
Sun, Feb-29-04, 18:36
I don't know if this will work. Let me know if you try it.
faux bake mix
1 cup protein powder
1 cup almond flour
3 T. baking powder
1 tsp. salt

mix all together and put in air tight container.

I found this on the net, I've never tried it. Ess

rosethorns
Sun, Feb-29-04, 18:48
ok kids here is another one.
1 cup almond flour
1 c. vital wheat gluten
1 c. whey protein powder
4 pakts. splenda
2 T. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt

mix together , put in air tight container.

nfb02001
Mon, Mar-22-04, 12:04
I tried making these over the weekend and they didn't rise... turned out more like cookies. They sure did taste good though. Has anyone had this same experience? If you did, how did you fix it?

WyoDiva
Thu, Dec-20-07, 18:12
I think these would work well with the CarbQuik bake mix too. I'm making them tonight. ;)

Lickrish
Wed, Jan-02-08, 20:09
I think these would work well with the CarbQuik bake mix too. I'm making them tonight. ;)

I made these with carbquick once and had to toss them. I don't know what went wrong but they were so disgusting. I even warned hubby but he took a bite anyways. :lol: I know others have made them with carbquick and they liked them.

Its odd sometimes things are good with carbquick and the next time I make it its disgusting (same batch of carbquick) wonder why this is? (its not old)

Mozzie30
Thu, Jan-03-08, 14:49
I made these the other night and when I put them in the oven, they just melted into a big, flat pool. The taste was good though...