PDA

View Full Version : New to this site - not new to Low Carb

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Cheryl Y.
Fri, Feb-20-04, 21:40
[SIZE=2][COLOR=MediumTurquoise][FONT=Book Antiqua]

Hello to All. I started on Atkins last year on January 6, 2003. I stayed on it for 9 months and went down 3 sizes. Then, in November, right before Thanksgiving, I slipped off the plan, began a downward spiral, and am now almost back to where I was when I first began. Boy, do I need some inspiration!!

Paleoanth
Fri, Feb-20-04, 22:30
Welcome! You have found a good place for inspiration and motivation.

kms
Sat, Feb-21-04, 07:18
[SIZE=2][COLOR=MediumTurquoise][FONT=Book Antiqua]

Hello to All. I started on Atkins last year on January 6, 2003. I stayed on it for 9 months and went down 3 sizes. Then, in November, right before Thanksgiving, I slipped off the plan, began a downward spiral, and am now almost back to where I was when I first began. Boy, do I need some inspiration!!

:doah: I also am new to the site. I started Atkins about the same time you did - Dec. 02. Although I only had a few pounds to lose (8-10), I couldn't do it with any other plan (Weight Watchers, low fat, calorie counting, etc.) without being hungry and irritable. Also, they didn't work. (And I exercise heavily, too.) I lost about 8 lbs., then back up 3 lbs. in the fall - that always seems to happen, then back up 3 more around the holidays - its easy to "fall off the wagon" without even realizing it. My theory - I starting introducing more carbs when I discovered the starch blocker supplements (w/Phase II). Trouble is - they don't block all of the carbs. Anyway, got sick - terrible month-long cold - no appetite - lost weight. Now on way back up. It's difficult! But, I can't imagine going back to eating sugar and refined carbs - so will definitely stick with it. I guess its always going to be a struggle - but low-carb. is the least struggle the way I figure it. Keep at it! You did it once - you can do it again!! :thup: Kathy S. (kms)