PDA

View Full Version : Smoke Free

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

horty
Fri, Feb-20-04, 20:22
I have been smoke free for 51 days and counting. Food taste so much better these days, and my cardio w/o are improving daily. Its a great feeling

2MuchPizza
Fri, Feb-20-04, 21:53
:cheer: Congratulations!!! I would like to quit smoking too, but I can't make it more than half a day. Did you use patches or gum or just go cold turkey?

sharann
Tue, Feb-24-04, 21:09
I have been smoke free for 51 days and counting. Food taste so much better these days, and my cardio w/o are improving daily. Its a great feeling
:yay: It is a great feeling isn't it?
It is so nice to REALLY breathe through and after a workout too!

horty
Wed, Feb-25-04, 17:43
No patches or gum, I went cold turkey. Mind you I have been quitting off and on for about a year now. This time it stuck, Today is Two months without a smoke. I feel great.

toning_up
Thu, Feb-26-04, 05:27
After years of trying to quit with gum, lozenges (and getting completely addicted to them) and wishing so badly I could just do it cold turkey, I finally did a month ago.

I have to say cold turkey rocks. Within 72 hours your body is free of the nicomonster and 4 weeks on I really don't even think of cigarettes at all. I get a mild craving after dinner sometimes that lasts just a few minutes. No biggie.

If anyone out there is wonderinf if they can do it cold turkey, I'd say try it if you can. The benefits far outweigh the first three days of discomforts,

Monika4
Thu, Feb-26-04, 05:38
I am more than 2 years over it - but got heavier, that's why I am on diet now - and my advice is if you go cold turkey, think of where and when you were anyway the least likely to smoke. For me it was ski vacation, I nearly never smoked then anyway - smoking in gloves or freezing while smoking was just very uncomfortable. If you usually smoke when stressed, do it in a less stressful time. If you usually smoke at work, stop during holidays or vacation, but when lyou smoke often when feeling lonely at home during holidays, don't try to stop during holidays. Good luck!