PDA

View Full Version : Starting over

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

xvxwickdxv
Fri, Feb-20-04, 16:10
[COLOR=MediumTurquoise][FONT=Comic Sans MS]
Hi everyone,

A little brief history: I am a stay at home mom and have just restarted the Atkins way of life. I was on it a few years ago and then was injured at work. At the time that I was hurt I was working out religiously 6 days a week (3 firm/3 anything else, usually WAP).

I had been keeping a diary at Fitday and was doing incredible.

So (fast forward time) it's about 18 months later and I hate the way I feel again with no exercise or diet in my life, and decided to take the bull by the horns and get back to where I was headed.

The biggest thing I have noticed in the 18 months is how much I miss exercising regularly. I miss that stress relief and that wonderful feeling I had met my goals for that day.

I went back to Atkins and have been doing induction for nearly 2 weeks now. I have started walking again and am getting ready to do a makeover in one of the bedrooms to set up the VCR workout area.. that's tomorrow.

I started at 156 pounds and have only managed to lose 5.5 which is sort of disappointing to me after 2 weeks, but I feel the difference in my body and clothes so I won't let the scale ruin my day.

The only question I have, for those people who use the Firm tapes, did you have a hard time getting through them during induction? I am starting back tomorrow but I admit, I have some fear because I know I will be kicking myself in the rear for ever stopping them!

Thanks for listening!

Kristine
Fri, Feb-20-04, 19:51
Hi and welcome back. :wave:

I'm not familiar with The Firm, but I know most people prefer to leave exercise until they're over the withdrawls of induction. I think it's normal for your body to take some time to adjust to burning fat again instead of carbs.

Best o' luck!