PDA

View Full Version : Success so far

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

sydjod
Fri, Feb-20-04, 08:44
Hi my name is Beverly. I recently found out that my blood sugars were elevated and I went to an internist to check things out. My doctor advised me to go on the Atkins Diet, which I did. She told me that limiting my carbohydrates would help naturally lower my blood sugars and it has. I have lost sixteen pounds in the past month and my blood sugars have been in the normal range. I feel great now and have more energy than I have had in a long time. I am wondering if anyone in our class has tried the Atkins Diet and how they are doing on it. Please reply below with any comments. Beverly Sue

Paleoanth
Fri, Feb-20-04, 13:01
Hey!

Just wanted to say welcome! You might want to check out some of the different forums that have to do with health-I think there are several blood sugar level threads.

I am hypoglycemic and ever since I started Atkins, I have noticed a major reduction in episodes.

Kristine
Fri, Feb-20-04, 19:56
Hi Beverly. :wave: Sounds like you have one smart doctor! ;) Congratulations on getting your blood sugars under control.

Enjoy the forum!

corona806
Fri, Feb-20-04, 22:35
Hi Beverly, Your not a lone in the elevated blood sugar.I have type 2 diabetes,and since I've been doing atkins I have my blood sugars under control. I told my doctor I was doing atkins and she seems to be ok with it. I'd say DR Atkins was doing something right. Monica

shipto
Sat, Feb-21-04, 03:03
Its nice to hear that doctors are now looking at the facts and reccomending this diet.