PDA

View Full Version : Question about "View New Posts" link

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

bluugirl
Fri, Aug-17-01, 21:54
Am I right to assume that everytime i click on the "View New Posts" link will display all posts i haven't read? or is it time-dependent? meaning, i might miss posts i haven't read b/c i logon later? also, i don't really "logoff"..i just close the browser..

Also, wanted to add, that i know i've read all posts for a certain section but the light-bulb is still ON ~ anyone know?

Thanks!:)

tamarian
Fri, Aug-17-01, 22:04
Hi Bluu,

View new posts is smart, but not very smart. It will display all new posts since your last visit, but it expires in 15 minutes if there is no activity. This means if it shows 5 new messages, but after reading message number 3, you go away for more than 15 minutes and click again on "view new messages" it will consider all 5 messages read, and only show newer ones.

To make sue you didn't miss any messages if this happen, there's a useful trick, 2 actually:

1. Open each of the new messages in a new window, by right clicking your mouse over the message and choosing "Open in new window."

2. Or, you can log-off, and click "View todays messages" which shows all messages in the last 24 hours, and they are sorted by the latest first.

Wa'il

bluugirl
Fri, Aug-17-01, 22:08
thanks wa`il, i knew something was fishy :D lol. i'll see what i will do :)

wa'il i don't see "view todays messages" where is that?

tamarian
Fri, Aug-17-01, 22:49
The "view today" thing is at the same place where "view new" is, but only shows to those who are not logged in. To see it, you just need to logout.

Wa'il

bluugirl
Sat, Aug-18-01, 10:18
thanks a bunch wa'il :)