PDA

View Full Version : New and ready to hit the ground running

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

taper
Wed, Feb-18-04, 16:53
Hi,

I have just finished the latest atkins book. I am already into my third day so far. I thought I was going to breakdown and go back to my old ways the first 2 days but I feel fine now. I am a male 6 foot 3 and am looking to get from 290 to 230. Cant wait to see the results.

JW

Softy
Wed, Feb-18-04, 17:03
Welcome! Best wishes to you. You have a great start on your way of eating with this board and all the supoport you can find here!

taper
Wed, Feb-18-04, 17:08
I have one question,

My friend did atkins and lost over 70lbs. He told me that for snacks he would eat peanut butter...but i checked and most peanut butter has at leats 5g of carbs....so I should stay away from peanut butter right??? What about bleu cheese??

orchidday
Wed, Feb-18-04, 18:31
They do have new low-carb peanut butters available that are pretty good. They have aabout 3 carbs per serving (2 Tablespoons) so you still have to be really careful but they are good! Bleu cheese is a great healthy choice (about 1 carb per ounce) and you can sure have that! Good luck you sound so determined and positive! Orchid

cls923
Wed, Feb-18-04, 19:15
hi taper!! Welcome to the board!! Just FYI...Peanut Butter isn't allowed on induction..(but its not too long to go without it)...Try to follow the foods that Dr. Atkins specifically outlines in his book...Theses have been proven to allow optimal weight loss, and give your metabolism time to shift gears from burning glucose as energy to one that burns your own fat for energy....It takes some getting use to, but you can do it!!!

taper
Wed, Feb-18-04, 19:18
Ok....thanks...no more PB>.....I have been following it very close to the book. Drinking my water and going to the gym 3-4 times a week. (been doing that a bit before atkins)...I have already felt the effects of my body switching over to burning just fat...it wasnt too fun..but I feel fine now

TarHeel
Wed, Feb-18-04, 19:23
Hi Taper: I ate almond butter and macadamia butter on induction. Rather pricey but so much richer than peanut butter that only a small taste satisfies. Not sure how the good doctor would have felt about it.....just a suggestion.

All best,

Kay