PDA

View Full Version : Hi! New user and a ? about breakfast

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Jillcat
Wed, Feb-18-04, 08:16
[SIZE=3][COLOR=Purple][FONT=Courier New]

Hi! My name is Jill and I just started SB on 2/14/04.....so far, so good! I have about 10 lbs. to lose and I'm hoping this will do it. I've never really stuck with any diet before in my life but this doesn't seem so bad. I just had a few questions, for breakfast do you think this is OK:

1/2 cup lowfat cottage cheese ( 90 cal, 2.5 fat grams, 6g carbs, 4g sugar, 11g protein)
3 slices turkey bacon
1 small V-8
???? I am not a big fan of eggs as suggested to eat from the book, I tried making the quiche cups, regular scrambled eggs w/ cheese etc., and I just can't stomach it in the AM!

Also, is jello sugar free instant pudding made with skim milk OK to replace the ricotta desserts with? The ricotta is OK but a bit rich and I get tired of it fast.

Thanks guys:-)

Anitaspank
Wed, Feb-18-04, 08:59
Hi Jillcat,
Welcome to the beach,it is a great way of eating and gets easier by the day.
This is my second time on the beach.Went on a 16 day holiday and fell off the wagon,but im back on as of today.
You should only have 2 slices of turkey bacon and wait to have the pudding till phase two.It is important that you follow phase 1 to a tee,this is your detox time.
Try lite jello for a dessert instead.Hope this has been some help to you,and good luck to you.

Janette360
Thu, Feb-19-04, 11:21
Hi Jillcat,
Welcome to the beach,it is a great way of eating and gets easier by the day.
This is my second time on the beach.Went on a 16 day holiday and fell off the wagon,but im back on as of today.
You should only have 2 slices of turkey bacon and wait to have the pudding till phase two.It is important that you follow phase 1 to a tee,this is your detox time.
Try lite jello for a dessert instead.Hope this has been some help to you,and good luck to you.

I really agree with her. Untill you get the hang of this diet for best results follow the book then try other things to see if they work for you.