PDA

View Full Version : weight at a stand still

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

tgray
Tue, Feb-17-04, 19:24
Just trying to figure out exactly how this low carb diet works. Lost 4 pounds each week for the first 2, and only 1 in the third. I'm not sure what I should and shouldn't be doing. I am very faithfull in staying away from all breads, potatoes, pasta etc. and pay attention to my labels.

Does anyone have any suggestions, or maybe something you did that changed and worked for you.

:confused:

tgray

Manisha
Tue, Feb-17-04, 19:27
I think the amount uf weith u lose depends on your body:) So if ur doing eveything right it might just take a bit longer, espicially if they are the last few pounds:)

Quest
Wed, Feb-18-04, 16:33
It's very normal for weight loss to slow down. You might not be doing anything wrong. Do a search for "stalls" on this board and you will get lots of ideas for changing things, but sometimes just waiting is the best thing you can do.

cls923
Wed, Feb-18-04, 19:19
tgray..
you might want to consider posting an example of your complete intake for a typical day so people can try to give you some pointers if needed..As Quest said...its normal for weight loss to slow down a bit, and its possible you are doing everything the right way to begin with...just stick with things and you'll do fine!!

tgray
Sat, Mar-06-04, 09:53
Well here is the good news. Although I have not lost anymore pounds at this time, I am noticing inches, and the break down of fat. So maybe we all shouldn't pay so much attention to the weight, we should pay attention to the overall picture. So I figure this would be a great time to jump on that treadmill, and work with the weights. I do have this at home, so does anyone have work out suggestions that would be best for toning losing the remainder needed etc.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

tgray :)

shortstuff
Sat, Mar-06-04, 14:23
Honey, you just hit the old nail right on the head. Pitch those dag blasted scales and go by how you feel and how your clothes are fitting. My scales give me such a headache that they now reside under my bed where I can't reach them and only get out from under there once a month or so (I have to get something long to push them out). Scales lie - I mean they really and truly lie. Example: I have a blood pressure problem so I go to a nearby pharmacy to check it several times a week. A couple of weeks ago on a Saturday I stopped in and checked my blood pressure and the stupid machine also gives a weight read out. It said I weighed 163. I happened to be back in there on Sunday, had very similar clothes on so I checked again. Those da**ed things said I weighed 177. There is no way I gained 14 pounds overnight - not even in water weight!!! So SCALES LIE!

shortstuff

idontno
Sun, Mar-07-04, 06:22
yea throw the damn scales out and buy a pair of jeans that you can barly get into, they dont lie. lol works fer me

galatia
Tue, Mar-09-04, 06:17
Hi. I just signed up today, but have been mostly on low carb for over a month. I have a pair of jeans I can just barely get into and will use them as my measure of size loss. I'm addicted to the scales, but they are depressing me right now. I know I should have lost a whole lot more than I have so far. After staying faithful for over a month and staying between 151 and 154, I ate a bunch of carbs yesterday. Feeling bad and looking for help to get on with my goals, I joined up this morning. I hope feeling a part of group with like goals, I will stay focused.
Galatia

Dumbletore
Tue, Mar-09-04, 13:42
That bloody weighing scales I told myself that I would only weigh myself only on Monday Mornings and was working out fine untill I weighed my self on a wednesday aswell and found I had gone up a bit It was so depressing for the rest of the week really watching my diet and nearly starving my self before the following Monday.
So from now on its strickly Mondays and it gives me plenty of time during the week to recover any lost ground :angel:

tgray
Sat, Apr-03-04, 13:16
Hello everyone, I'm back and feeling great!!! Have been away for awhile but I gotta tell ya, I just put on a pair of size 7 jeans I haven't been able to put on in about 10 years. I was starting to fit into a size 14 before I started this diet so you can imagine how that makes me feel. I work in an office where I deal with a lot of the same people on a monthly basis, and all I'm getting are compliments on how good I look. Wow what a boost!! I think I have only lost 5 more pounds but again INCHES have been the key. This is the most amazing I have felt in years and I am a different person. I am happier, much more secure with myself and trust me, everyone who knows me, knows that the smaller me is a much happier me. So, my words of wisdom! Stick to it, don't cheat, your only cheating yourself! Use all of your will power, you will love yourself for it later. :yay:

Good luck!!

Tgray

MISSRED197
Sat, Apr-03-04, 16:05
Hi and welcome to the forum!!!

You are in the perfect spot for support and motivation no matter
what LC diet your on! This place is addicting, but the good kind. LOL

Start a journal so you have "your place" and we can all catch up with
you.

Best of luck to ya!!