PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else have to very restrictive with their diet

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Janette360
Tue, Feb-17-04, 12:03
I have to be so restrictive with my diet to lose that it gets very hard to maintain. Sugar Alcohol, cheese, veggies, and processed low carb food make me stall. Uugggggggg! I have to only eat lean mean, chicken,and eggs to have any sucess. I know I only want to lose a few pounds so my body may be comfortable where it's at but the last five pounds are killing me. I'm eating like that and working out just to mantain! Any advice?

WeeOne
Tue, Feb-17-04, 13:40
Hi Janette, I see nobody has answered you yet. Its probably because you are so close to goal nobody knows how to answer! LOL Lucky Dog!

Anyways, just a question for you. When you add in carbs are you eating the same amount of everything else and having extra carbs? Or are you reducing the amount of meat and cheese you eat to compinsate for the extra calories that you are consuming when you add in the carbs? I just know that this is what I have to do. I have only been doing this for 2 days, but I know that if I am going to have a LC wrap for 80 calories, I need to reduce the amount of chicken that I would normally eat alone to compinsate for the extra calories in the wrap.

I hope this makes sense.

Wee

Janette360
Tue, Feb-17-04, 15:53
Thank you! Thank you! no i'm not doing that and that makes perfect sense. The whole thing can start to get complicated because everone is different. On a different note what my stats don't show is how fast I gain weight and what a challenge it is just to maintain. I have been 165 lbs and gained 45lbs with pregnancy so I too have had alot of weight challenges. Thank you for your time to reply!

WeeOne
Tue, Feb-17-04, 17:00
I agree that everyone is different. On any WOE I have to be very very careful like you to lose weight. I can maintain what I'm at right now pretty easily but I know once I get down it will be harder for me to maintain. Then theres my husband who will lose weight if he quits drinking beer. It's a lot easier for some than others. Just keep it up, I'm sure it will work its way off.

Wee

Kimmerz321
Wed, Feb-18-04, 16:36
I have to be pretty restrictive. Moreso than the book suggests. So far, the only carbs I've been able to add back without gaining are fruit and couscous. I tried brown rice and the next day I had gained a pound.

Janette360
Thu, Feb-19-04, 11:15
I'm the same. I cheated for two days and gained two pounds.