PDA

View Full Version : BMR and SBD

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Kimmerz321
Tue, Feb-17-04, 10:01
(That's a lot of acronyms in one title!)

I'm curious as to what everyone's experience is with this, since I'm not really sure how it works. My BMR is around 1800 calories, but on SBD, I'm only eating 1500-1600 a day (and I'm always really full). But I haven't lost in a week and a half. Am I putting my body into starvation mode? Do I need to figure out a way to eat more?

Bill L
Tue, Feb-17-04, 11:00
If your BMR is 1800, your total calorie burn is probably around 2400 (or more, depending on your activity level for the day)....

Aren't you hungry all the time? 1500 sounds very light.

The calculation is 3500 cals = 1 pound of body weight. So by math, if you burn 350 more cals per day than you intake, you will lose a pound every 10 days. 700 more, a pound every 5 days, etc.

Bill...............310/262/225

Kimmerz321
Tue, Feb-17-04, 11:48
Nope, never hungry. That's the problem I'm having with this - I dont know how I could get more food into my system. I'm always full after meals and I drink a lot of water.

Maybe I'll try adding some extra dressing to my salad, or having a third egg with breakfast, see if that helps.