PDA

View Full Version : New to forums-question of cheesecakes...

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

bryarsmom
Mon, Feb-16-04, 15:06
Hi to all-
This is my initial post, having just signed on today. I'm in the Atlanta area-any others living nearby?

I have several office friends that have jumped on the low-carb bandwagon. We're basically doing a combination of South Beach/Carbohydrate Addicts plan-with MUCH success! I was shocked to see myself loose a consistent 5 lbs a week! Only 5 lbs. to go for myself.

Cheesecakes-I baked my first low-carb chocolate cc this weekend. I used Splenda, but I found it lacking sweetness. I topped the slices with a little dollup of low-fat whipped topping and it helped some.

Has anyone been more successful with their particular recipe? My husband adores cheesecake, and he's been so great-following our eating plan. It would be a nice reward meal dessert.

Thanks a bunch! Debbie.

RCFletcher
Mon, Feb-16-04, 15:40
Hi bryarsmom and welcome to the board. Congratulations on your imppressive weight loss!
I don't live near Atlana and I don't make cheese cake but anything else and I'll gladly chat about it. I also find I need to use a lot of splenda when baking and it never comes out very swewt - but then I've got used to less sweet things now.

Karen
Mon, Feb-16-04, 17:37
Have a look through the Sweet Treats section of Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2) there's a lot of recipes for cheesecakes there.

And, welcome to the Forum. :)

Karen

bryarsmom
Tue, Feb-17-04, 15:23
Thanks to you both for the kind welcome!

I guess I'll keep trying a few of the cheesecake recipes 'till I find one that measures up to our tastebuds...goodness knows, there's plenty out there to choose from. I'll look at that site, Karen-thanks!

I've been pretty fortunate with my weightloss-it's come off pretty easily. I knew I had to do something. And it's kind of caught on in our office. We have a little 4 person support group going on-most of us following CAD and SBD. I have educated myself SO MUCH with these books. And I pick up alot of recipe ideas, hanging out at Barnes & Noble. I love it. :yay:

cls923
Wed, Feb-18-04, 19:51
Good for you, Bryarsmom...welcome to the forum, and Congrats on your weight loss!!
After you try out that cheesecake..you'll have to let us all know how it came out!!