PDA

View Full Version : Boo Boo needs a pep talk!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Boo Boo
Mon, Feb-16-04, 11:32
Hi All,

I have been on SB for about 4 1/2 weeks. I am doing well as far as I can tell. My clothes are fitting me differently and my body is looking better in the mirror. I am still energized for the most part but I do feel it is going slowly. I am recently divorced 45 yrs old with a Hot 33 yr old b/f. I really want to loose about 40 - 50 lbs. I have been on every diet around I am sure. I don't look my weight but I know it is there. How can I keep up the fight?
I guess I just need a pep talk LOL.

Thanks,
Boo Boo

Indigo_
Mon, Feb-16-04, 12:00
Let's see...how to keep up the fight...girl, how I wish I knew the answer to that! I think you just take it one day at a time. Pretty soon days add up to weeks, etc. If you slip, just climb back on the horse.

dancngqwn
Mon, Feb-16-04, 12:05
Congrats on the loss!! Are you also working out and drinking tons of water? Those are musts as well :)

Emly
Mon, Feb-16-04, 18:48
I think we all need the same pep talk at times. I lose really slowly, so sometimes it's hard to stay motivated. These are the 2 things that I try and remind myself when I'm feeling like throwing in the towel because the weight isn't coming off as quickly as I would like.

1 - I feel soooo much better when I eat this way. Think of all the good things you notice besides the weight loss and remind yourself that you are doing this for reason besides losing weight.

2 - A pound a week over a year is 52 lbs. That's no little feat. Yeah, so it might not be as fast as we want it to be or as much as we want it to be, but it's still 52 lbs. I don't know about you, but if I were to quit, not only would I not weigh 52 lbs less in one year, but I would probably weigh 10 or 20 lbs more. So I have to ask myself which is better. Like someone said in an above reply: One day at a time and over time it adds up.

Klodo2
Tue, Feb-17-04, 06:50
I'd say keep posting here. Especially on the days where it gets difficult or you slip up - just force yourself to come in here. Maybe you don't feel like confessing, but at the very least it will give you inspiration to keep going.

I also highly recommend tracking your measurements as well as your weight. Sometimes the weight loss can stall, but the inches keep coming off, especially if you exercise a lot.

So keep coming in here! :)