PDA

View Full Version : Question about soup

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Dena241
Sun, Feb-15-04, 18:33
Can anyone tell me if soup (like canned vegtable soup) is OK for phase 1? I see it listed as good in the guide, but cannot determine if I am allowed to have it right now. Thanks!

Dena

Kimmerz321
Mon, Feb-16-04, 10:33
If in doubt, I'd check the label and use your best judgement. If it's got lots of carrots/potatoes in it, I'd say no. If it's just broth, I can't imagine it'd be bad.

Dena241
Mon, Feb-16-04, 16:18
I am mainly looking at Campbells soups. I suppose I can always eat around the potatoes and carrots, will not be a problem for me. It seems like you may be able to help even more though, so here goes my next question for you-I am just starting SB today. I was a dedicated Atkins dieter for a long time. I had my daughter in July, was not allowed to do while pregnant and have had a HORRIBLE time trying to recommit to Atkins. Not really any one thing in particular, just concerned about no fruit or vegtables, long term health benefits, et. Can you tell me what is most important in reading the food labels? I know sugar is bad, but should I be more leary of fats or carbs? I am still confused about that. Also, I noticed that you are combining Atkins and SB, can you tell me what you are doing there? I have a feeling I am going to miss the sausage and bacon on SB. Any help you can offer will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Janette360
Mon, Feb-16-04, 22:21
I also have been combining the two (south beach and atkins) before i knew that other also did that. I do eat high in fats food such as bacon but it's not unlimited. I limit cheese and burgers (of course with out the bun) and that seems to work for me.