PDA

View Full Version : Peanut Butter Cookies

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Demi
Sun, Feb-15-04, 15:54
Makes 16 cookies
ecc 3.5 carbs per cookie

8 oz / 225g peanut butter
6 tbsp Splenda
1 tsp baking powder
2 eggs
1 tsp guar or xanthan gum
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp mixed spice

Preheat the oven to 350°F/160°C/Gas 4. Cover a baking tray with greaseproof paper, and then grease the top of the paper with either almond oil or butter. Mix all the ingredients together, until a soft ‘dough’ is formed. Shape into 16 little balls and place on the baking tray. With a fork, press down on each ball "crossways", spreading them into cookies. Place in the oven for 12-15 minutes. Allow to cool.

leshaimors
Mon, Feb-16-04, 12:36
what is guar and xantham gum? and where might i find these ingredients?

Demi
Mon, Feb-16-04, 12:59
They can both be used as a thickening and stabilising agent.

As I'm from the UK, I'm not sure where you would find them on sale in the US - suggest you look for them in the baking products section of your store, or perhaps from a health food store.

Perhaps if you ask in the kitchen help section, someone may be able to tell exactly where you might find them.

Nancy LC
Sat, Feb-21-04, 11:06
Bob's Red Mills makes Xanthum gum. I found it in a health food store.

Loddysue
Sun, Jan-30-05, 08:59
Demi, what is mixed spice??

Demi
Sun, Jan-30-05, 09:48
Mixed Spice is a combination of sweet spices - in the UK we buy it ready mixed, but if you can't find it like that in the US, then here's a link to a great alternative you can make yourself:

http://www.recipegal.com/other/MixedSpice.htm

Loddysue
Sun, Jan-30-05, 20:32
Sounds delicious - thank you!! :)