PDA

View Full Version : Yes, I am a sugarholic

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

JCurmyGod
Fri, Feb-13-04, 22:29
Hi! Just found you and I'm so glad you are here! Don't you ever get frustrated with the looks and comments from people who see you toss away a bun and eat a chicken breast and side salad? The worst ones are the "old guys" who are thin and look like they never carried an extra pound in their life - mean.

I am a recovering sugarholic. I never ate that many calories in a day, just all of them after 2 p.m. and in the form of misleading snacks foods - light popcorn, fat free pretzels, baked potatoes with butter buds, and rice galore. Blood sugars started running amok.

So, I tried a Protein Power/Atkins combo, but the saturated fats increased my cholesterol ratio and caused incurable D for me. Quit the program and found out I had blown my gall bladder. Quit everything. Gained everything back. Tried pills. Gained 20 new pounds.

January 23, 2004 I received an epiphany. I got up, quit my pity party, and opened South Beach. I lost twelve pounds in the first two weeks on Phase I. This week I slowed dramatically on Phase II. I also started exercising four times a week at the gym, so I can't tell if I'm still losing and gaining muscle or stalling.

Already y'all have been a big help! One comment on these forums mentioned the problem of stalling out if you eat less than 1200 calories a day. I counted up this week and BINGO! I've averaged only about 1000 a day! Thank you![FONT=Arial]

Kristine
Sat, Feb-14-04, 11:47
Hi and welcome aboard!

I used to be a sugar junkie, too. The super sweet stuff I used to eat almost makes me sick now.

I've gotten pretty good at the "stealth bun toss". :D I sort of tear the bun away as I go and hold it as if I'm actually eating the bun. No one seems to notice.

Good luck!

cls923
Sat, Feb-14-04, 14:22
Hi..
Welcome to the board!! Boy, can I ever relate to the sugar-addiction thing!! That was my whole life...but no more. I am feeling re-born again since I'm LC-in now..
The people that you will meet in here are very knowledgeable, and supportive...Nice to have you here!!