PDA

View Full Version : carb counting

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

debdrunner
Thu, Feb-12-04, 18:36
[FONT=Arial]Hi all,
I was on the atkins diet about 20 years ago and lost 50 pounds.I forgot some of the basics.I was wonderding if anybody could tell me how many grams of carbs per day to start out could I have?I know it is VERY little.Thanks!Debbie

Rosebud
Thu, Feb-12-04, 19:04
Hi Debbie, welcome to the forum. :)

Dr Atkins did more research in the years following his first book (1972), and found people lost just as much weight eating more carbs (in the way of vegies).

I would strongly recommend that you buy yourself a copy of the latest edition of Dr Atkins' New Diet Revolution where you'll find lists of what you can and can't eat, and also a lot more useful information. :)

Cheers.

:rose:Rosebud:rose:

debdrunner
Fri, Feb-13-04, 06:31
Thanks Rosebud.I had the atkins book,but I think its an older version and I was looking for it but can't seem to find it.I think I'll take your advice and purchase the new one.Debbie

patigayle
Fri, Feb-13-04, 07:23
Welcome to the boards, Debbie !

cls923
Sat, Feb-14-04, 16:07
Hi Debbie..
The induction phase of Atkins recommends your carbs not to exceed 20 gms/day...Besides Dr. Atkins newer book, there is also a website you can visit that gives some great info. www.atkins.com On that site there is a list of the induction foods which are allowed..Good luck to ya!! You can do it!!! Welcome aboard!!