PDA

View Full Version : need help

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

minus30
Wed, Feb-11-04, 11:35
okay guys i need your help here!!!
i have been doing the phase 1 SB for 3 weeks and only lost weight in the first week. Now my figure has changed and am wearing a smaller size--but the scale hasnt moved in 2 weeks--
here is a sample of my diet--can you guys tell me what i could manipulate to help jump start stale.
i will tell you that I am a runner and doing a half-marathon this weekend--so somethimes i am just plain HUNGRY!!!
Okay here we go...
breakfast:
1 hard boil egg and a cup of coffee or 2 egg omelet with mushrooms and onions. glass of water
snack:
LF string cheese
lunch:
salad--with either tuna, chicken or turkey---and it normally has tomatoe, cucumber celerly , little advocado, and vinegar and splash of olive oil
snack:
little cottage cheese with cinammon and splenda
and hand ful of nuts or
just nuts
dinner:
salmon, chicken etc with a side of vegetable
dessert:
SF fudgesicle!!!
I do find myself guzzling Crystal light-----and last night my neighbor brought over some brownies--so of course i had some!!!
except for the brownies---whats going wrong!!!
thanks for your help

pstar
Wed, Feb-11-04, 11:59
Doesn't look to me that you are doing anything wrong. The only thing that sticks out a little is the crystal light. Maybe try just drinking lotsOwater for a week.

If you are wearing a smaller size and still weigh the same maybe you are building muscle with your running and prep for the marathon...muscle weighs more than fat.

As long as you feel well and you seem to be shrinking (smaller clothes size) stay off the scale for a while...maybe you will be suprised the next time you step on.

I'm in Phase II and one thing I have found is that I have better luck eating carbs from the Phase II added in foods earlier in the day.

Good Luck with your marathon.

minus30
Wed, Feb-11-04, 12:04
thanks pstar--
i was a little concerned with the crystal light but i have to say since i started this diet---i crave some flavor in my drinks!! I am use to drinking alot of water....but now i wake up wanting something different. before i started this sb i drank a glass of OJ every morning then water mostly the rest of the day--i was thinking my craving is coming from cutting sugar out of my diet-----
i guess i will try to force down mor AQUA!!!
have you found that if you had a sweet here or there it completely ruined your weightloss??? i was wondering when i am good all day then go and eat my neighbors brownies am i completely undoing everything i work for all day---or is it still working?
thanks again

scanance65
Wed, Feb-11-04, 14:18
I saw an earlier post that some people find that staying on phase 1 longer than 2 weeks does not help them lose more. You might want to up to phase 2. I will see if I can find the post!

Little Bit
Wed, Feb-11-04, 15:40
I don't think you are eating enough and that is why you are not loosing.

Indigo_
Wed, Feb-11-04, 17:37
I also think you are not eating enough. You may be in starvation mode.

Dr. A says Crystal Lite is not a problem, but I know some people are sensitive to aspartame. Diet Rite Cola does not have aspartame.

If you still miss your morning OJ, Tang makes a sugar-free OJ powder that is pretty good.

Good luck.

minus30
Thu, Feb-12-04, 11:13
indigo--
what do you mean some people are sensitive to aspartmine?? it makes them sick or their body responds to it like regular sugar and it stops weight loss??
thanks

Indigo_
Thu, Feb-12-04, 18:59
Some people say (and Dr. Atkins mentions this in his book) that aspartame causes weight loss to stall. There are many posts about this in the Atkins Diet and General Low-Carb sections. I don't know how to tell you to search for them though, sorry.