PDA

View Full Version : Fats

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

JaniceK55
Wed, Feb-11-04, 10:54
Only on day 3 but feeling great................ I just find it really nerve wracking eating so much fat .....since I have spent my whole life dieting without fats ...any idea how long it will take to getover this mental thingy ..... thanks I have spent all 3 days reading on this site ...very inspirational

RCFletcher
Wed, Feb-11-04, 10:57
Stick with it - it works. It takes a while to change your mindset but it happens. You will learn to regard carbs as the work of the evil one rather than fats.

The fact that you have spent your whole life dieting without fats proves that didn't work! So it's time for something different!

Kristine
Wed, Feb-11-04, 11:34
Hi and welcome. :wave: I think we all went through that. If you're getting skeptical, have a read through the Research and Media forum. :) I like the sticky at the top that Voyageur put together. She works in the field of research publishing.

Best of luck and enjoy!

cls923
Sat, Feb-14-04, 18:29
JaniceK55..
I went through that same thing with feeling weird about fat consuption..It goes against the "rules" we have all learned..but there has been much left out in the medical world. Believe me, this works!! I was the queen of low fat dieting, but not anymore!! I am feeling so much better LCing; more energy, more alert, and I have lost 16 pounds in 16days, without going hungry...!!

eric909
Sat, Feb-14-04, 20:08
Hi and welcome to the forum http://users.adelphia.net/~ecountz/welcome.gif I felt the same way about eating so much fat but oddly enough it does work.

branqu
Sun, Feb-15-04, 19:31
Your doing great! :thup:
It is hard to wrap your head around eating that much fat when we have had it drilled into us that fat is bad and should be limited!
This is a great WOE and makes so much more sense, at least for me!
Good luck!