PDA

View Full Version : Newb Question

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Pezza
Wed, Feb-11-04, 08:06
Hi all,

My girlfriend & I are starting a low-carb diet today based on Atkins and was have a couple of questions.

Bread is something I really would like to eat as such I brough some low-carb bread mixes from www.feelingok.co.uk, I'm from the UK. and we are currently trying to bake this in a bread machine. Does anyone have any experience of low-carb bread or reccomendations, I like the look of the Bun Mix so I can make cheese burgers http://atkins.com/shop/products/Bun_Mix.html.

Does any one have any experience of weight loss while eating low-carb bread?

Also from reading some of the forums it appears its best to avoid the low-carb chocolate bars which have sugar alcohols as they stall the weight loss, what experience does people have of this?

smoothblu
Wed, Feb-11-04, 08:10
I'm not allowed bread of any type yet. Maybe during the maintenance phase. As the Atkins book will explain stay as pure with your foods as you can.

RCFletcher
Wed, Feb-11-04, 10:45
Leave off the low carb bread until you're over induction (the first 2 weeks). At the moment you need to keep your carbs to 20g a day which will be mostly salads and veggies.

Also avoid sugar alcohols for the first two weeks.

If you are in the UK why not fill this in on your profile. It helps people to give advice about your part of the world.
If you are in the UK, why not visit the UK part of this forum. You'll receive a warm welcome.

Good luck,
Robert