PDA

View Full Version : Foods to avoid?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

sandy bush
Mon, Feb-09-04, 10:38
I recently started reading this site and was amazed at all the symptoms I seem to have, starting abruptly about 20 years ago, about a year and a half after having my third child.

Thanks for all the information here. I had to see my GP about the possibility of having H pylori again, and I thought that while I was there, I would ask him to test my thyroid. I have complained to him over the years about different symptoms, and he would just blow me off. He said he would test my thyroid just to make me happy. I should be getting my test resuts sometime today.

Enough about me. I have been reading here and there that there are certain foods and supplements that should be avoided if you have hypothyroidism, ie broccoli, cabbage, soy products to name a few. Could anyone, or more than one, give me a list of things I should be avoiding, and maybe things I should make sure I include in my diet? I would appreciate it very much.

Thanks,
Sandy

gungadinn
Tue, Feb-10-04, 18:15
HI Sandy! I would suggest checking out the thyroid board at about.com They have an enormous list of all foods to watch that could suppress thyroid function! Most of the foods on the list like broccoli, etc are fine as long as they are cooked!

HTH

Kim

sandy bush
Wed, Feb-11-04, 12:03
Thank you, gungadinn. I will look that up.

Sandy