PDA

View Full Version : New

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

duke2loss
Sun, Feb-08-04, 12:20
Been on Atkins for 7 days lost so far 5 pounds :wiggle: And I working at staying under that 20 grams of carbs. How much protein should I eat?
My weight when I started was 390 pounds. What give me hope is all the wouderful pic of people who have loss and thoses who are working on lossing. Being 54 years old and a Dieabic this will be hard but I so what to do it and look and feel better.

Thanks for being here and I will look around the sight to learn as much as I can from all of you.

Lesle
Sun, Feb-08-04, 17:32
Welcome, duke2loss, and congrats on those first 5 pounds!
:yay:
Atkins is more a high-fat diet than a high-protein diet, so you don't have to worry too much about that. Just add lots of oils, mayo, and butter to your meals, and that should easily get your fat percentages up to where you want them to be.
Good luck on your weight loss journey!!
Lesle

mem2
Sun, Feb-08-04, 17:44
Welcome and great going to be rid of that 5 pounds. We're glad you are here.

Mystique
Mon, Feb-09-04, 11:51
Hey Duke,
congrats on your 1st 5 lbs. The best help that I have had so far is to go to fitday.com and put all my foods in there. It counts everything for you, so you don't make a mistake unless you choose to. hehehe.
Best of luck!
Mystique

CindyG
Mon, Feb-09-04, 12:53
Hi Duke,

That's great news about the 5# loss! Congrats and Welcome :dazzle:

I totally agree with the fitday recommendation. It's very helpful on tracking fat/protien/carbs.

Cheers!

Cindy

Zuleikaa
Mon, Feb-09-04, 17:22
Congrats and welcome to the board!!!

sfdebchat
Mon, Feb-09-04, 19:38
Hi and Welcome to the forum!

Congrats on the first 5 pounds gone forever! It is so much fun to watch the pounds melt away, huh? I know how amazed I was when I first started my plan. Good success to you!

Deb