PDA

View Full Version : Hi, Newbie Intro.

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

swtdrae
Sat, Feb-07-04, 10:57
My Name is Becky and I will be starting SB on Monday. I tryed Atkins for about 3 weeks this past August and lost 17lbs. Then one night my Atkins partner and I decide we would be mischeivest and go to Dairy Queen. Needless to say we never got back on the wagon. My Aunt is SBing and says it's wonderful so I signed up on the website and decide I am going to be all that I can be and not this fat slob that's affraid to go in public because of my insecurities about my weight. When I met my husband I wayed 175 lbs. and to think I thought I was fat then, well look at me now I weigh 255 lbs. I know weight is everything and My husband loves me the way I am, but I'm having some severe phycological issues. I won't go into any public places, when I try I feel like I'm having a panic attack, I don't want to go to any family functions (everyone I know including myself is very judgemental), I can't stand to be naked which puts stress on our sex life, and now my knees hurt when I walk, They only common denominator is my weight. I am the only one who can take my pain away, so that's what I'm going to do.
I'm starting on manday so that I can go shopping and rid my house of all bad foods. I know that this is a very supportive forum and theyre are many others like me, so good luck to you all.

swtdrae
Sat, Feb-07-04, 11:15
And I am going to start Curves, It sounds like a nice enviroment.

SexiSam00
Sun, Feb-08-04, 00:40
Becky thats great. Even though i don't know you i am proud of you and i'm happy your taking that step to change you life and become healthier. You've chose a great diet and even though Phase 1 is the strickest part, whenever you feel like cheating just remember tha tif you stick with it you WILL reap the benefits not only to loose wieght but to also be healthy. Good luck:)

mem2
Sun, Feb-08-04, 00:50
Welcome Becky and good for you on starting the SB diet and on joining this forum. I wish you smooth sailing and great success. Have you ever used fitday? Its a great way to keep track of your food intake and they analyze it and give you a lot of info on the nutrients you are getting, etc. You can have a free account by going to fitday.com. It has helped me a lot. It makes me more accountable when I write down what I am eating. You are going to make SB work for you and reap the benefits of weight loss and excellent health!

scanance65
Sun, Feb-08-04, 08:45
Hey girl if you need any support just let me know! I am in the same boat. I felt like I was reading my posts. I have done atkins but did not lose I love the way I feel on atkins I just think I have to cut out soem of the fat. I am starting back tomorrow too. Have to do the grocery shopping. I just got back from a cruise and when I looked at the pics I was so depressed. Why dont you start a journal. We can visit in there! I have found the best of friends in there! Good Luck.

Nanc

Indigo_
Sun, Feb-08-04, 14:21
Hi Becky,

Welcome. I'm new too. I "did" Atkins last fall and didn't lose very much. I think it was too much fat for me. I think you will like the South Beach Diet, IMO it is healthier and more varied than Atkins. And I have lost 5 lbs the first week, which is more than I lost in a month on Atkins.

"I know weight is everything"

Well, it's not REALLY, but I know it feels that way. You are not your weight, you are the beautiful person inside. I know I will be glad to walk into a store as a person, and not a fat person. When that day comes. Until then, I'm going one day at a time.

Good luck on the journey.

Indigo

lawoman
Wed, Feb-11-04, 12:12
Good Luck Becky,

It sounds like you are ready to do things right.It is good that you are ridding your house of bad foods and bringing in plenty of good choices.We are all here for you whenever you need support or have questions.

Best of luck,
Linda