PDA

View Full Version : new here

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

gmezz
Fri, Feb-06-04, 18:24
hello all.
I am new to this forum. I am 28 and very short. I am 4'11 and my current weight is 112. I would like to go down to 95. I have been doing the diet for a month now. I started at 122. What is the average weight loss per week?

madmike
Fri, Feb-06-04, 19:13
Welcome Gmezz:

Asking how much the average person loses per week is like asking how long is a piece of string! It seems the more weight you have to lose the faster it comes off, and I have seen some people maintain a 5 lb weight loss for a long, long time. If I had to guess at an average I would say, over time, its 1 to 2 pounds a week but that may be high.
I have been on this for 28 weeks and have lost 41 lbs. so that is right at 1 1/2 pound per week with the early weeks being as much as 5 lbs a week.
Either way, good luck and remember this is a life style change rather than a quick-fix. madmike

Zuleikaa
Fri, Feb-06-04, 20:20
Welcome to the forum!!! Everyone is different!!!