PDA

View Full Version : Looking for answers

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

JohnnyD
Fri, Feb-06-04, 13:11
Had CFS, fibro for years would like to hear from anyone that has recovered using the low carb diet.

quietone
Tue, Feb-10-04, 08:01
well, if you look through this forum I think you will find some answers.

I think the word "recovery" is not going to work...I don't think anyone every recovers. I would use the term "remission"

When I did low carb very strictly, I had a complete and total reversal of all my symptoms, including the sleep problems.

When I went off of it, I have slowly but surely gotten them all back, and them some.

So, yes, you can be "recovered" but you will notice if you slip up. And it could be that you will find that you actually can eat some carbs eventually.

When I went into the second phase, I found I could eat more low-glycemic carbs without a problem.

I have been trying (unsuccessfully so far) to get back on the wagon. I have since married and my husband is a carboholic, big time. So it is really hard for me to get going and not stop with all this crap (i mean carbs, ha, ha) in the house.

But I know that if I can do it right, I will have total relief!

Good luck!

Cheryl

tamij
Wed, Feb-11-04, 15:09
Johnny-
I have!!! I also have carried the same diagnosis for years-finally got fed up w/ it--not a fun way to live at all!

I did some research and found my condition was directly linked to an elevated cortisol level(cortisol is the hormone that deals w/ our reaction to stress)Get the book The Cortisol Connection asap!!!!!found it at barnes and noble avail on line also---it is by dr shawn tolbert it deals a great deal w/ the affect elevated cortisol levels have on inflammatory diseases like fibro--also get over to GNC and get some Relacore-or Rela-Cortin asap you will freak out at the results-this was on the advise of my traditional med Dr. -who has treated me for years-plz try it and plz for your well beings sake read the book worth every cent!!
good luck
tamij